Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download manager doesn't recognise sign-in

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to download a trial version of Premiere 5.5.

1. Click on download now on the product page

2. Download mismanager pops up

3. Enter sign-in details, which are accepted

4. ...frustration:

Adobe download mgr.png

It just moves no further.  It knows it's me, up the top right, but the download doesn't progress.

Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

That page is not helpful at all. After two hours of frustration and some googling, I tried both using another browser and saving somewhere besides a Programs folder, and it is now downloading. I recommend adding that to your troubleshooting page, since it looks like a lot of people have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any type of software firewall installed?  This might prevent the Adobe Download Manager from being able to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials.  That's about it.

Just tried turning it off and got the same result: no download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend reviewing the steps listed in Download, install | trials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. I've tried turning off firewalls, restarting/refreshing/etc, and still no dice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will if you are still facing difficulties then I would recommend running through the steps listed in Troubleshoot Adobe Download Assistant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page is not helpful at all. After two hours of frustration and some googling, I tried both using another browser and saving somewhere besides a Programs folder, and it is now downloading. I recommend adding that to your troubleshooting page, since it looks like a lot of people have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vihartvihart wins the thread.  Changed from a Programs folder and bingo, working like a charm.  So, nothing firewall, nothing on that troubleshooting page (and I'll second vihartvihart's comment about that page not being helpful); change the destination from a Programs folder and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems interesting that you were unable to download to the Program Files folder.  Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of your security settings for the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rotheche wrote:

Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials.  That's about it.

Just tried turning it off and got the same result: no download.

What Windows version do you use?  Windows XP-SP3 and higher has the Windows Firewall enabled by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines