Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading lightroom 6 standalone

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade from lightroom 5 to lightroom 6 and do not want to be stuck with a yearly subscription.  I am looking for the link to upgrade for 79 dollars.  Can someone please advise me what my options are as I can clearly see adobe is pushing everyone to purchase CC and a subscription model.  Apologies this is my first time on these forums - so sorry if the answer should be obvious.

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

This has been fixed.  You will now be able to order Lightroom 6.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

My understanding is that you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looked at this previously, but this link no longer looks to be valid. When you follow this you end up at Lightroom CC - not the standalone version of Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, I can only conclude that Adobe no longer sells a serial number version of Lightroom

If it will work for you, try Photoshop Elements Easy Photo & Video Editing Software | Adobe Elements Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this link checked.  Will report back when I have more information.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been fixed.  You will now be able to order Lightroom 6.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still possible to buy standalone Lightroom 6 (non cloud) in South east asia? What is the process to get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently not. Lightroom 6 is nowhere to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a license for LR 6. I need to install it on a new PC. Where can I download it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I can't find it anywhere. I will go ahead an sue them if I can't find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ordered my license from Amazon in Dec 2016. I don't have the original installation files, because I lost most data on my computer. And I can't download it from Amazon's games and software library. It only shows my key there and no download button. Lightroom is a registered product on my Adobe account though. There must be some way to download it again, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We Should sue Adobe. This seems like the only solution to push them let us have our bought softwear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be clear on this: I'm sorry that you are having trouble, but...you can't sue Adobe because you have lost the installation disks. If Adobe provides a link to the download files, it's their curtesy.

If you buy a music CD or a film on DVD and you loose the media, are you then suing the studio for getting a replacement? I don't think so. You wouldn't even think about it. DVDs mostly even do not allow you to do a backup of the film. With Adobe software, it's the first thing you are told when looking at the instructions.

And to be very clear: I'm not working for Adobe. But I still have backup copies of the Adobe programs that my company baught. I just recently only deleted the backup to all that was prior to CS5, because anyhow, I won't install it anymore...and as we are now using the subscription, I even do not need to care about upgrade orders.

I'm aware that the subscription model does not please or fit every one, but for us it is best that could happen.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Lightoom registered on you Adobe account you should have a serial number.

Take a look here:https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

On this site you'll find the links to the installation files for Lightroom 6 (Win and MAC).

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. The missing pice was a working download link. Thanks for providing one.

The problem now is that it says the serial number is already used by the maximum amount of devices and that I should deactivate it on one of those devices if I want to use the software.

The problem with that is, I'm installing Lightroom on the same computer as before after having to format my hard drive. I never installed Lightroom on a diffrent PC either.

I'm not using the license on other devices, therefore I can't deactivate it on other devices. How can I use my license now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have uninstall Lightroom before formatting your hard drive. In this case the activation counter is reset. The only way is to contact the Adobe support. Only they can reset  the activations.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that, thanks. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to do it beforehand. My entire system went down, I couldn't even use the Windows repair functions like safe mode or even resetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to revive this thread but my god you deserve a job with Adobe. I had to do a fresh install of windows due to corruption/hard drive fault after a power outage and NOWHERE on adobes websites does it have a working link to simply download the installation. Even the link provided on my regestered product page just says "This installer is no longer available" like whaaaat? a multi million company just accidentally looses installation files and us paying customers have to rely on 3rd party websites to get it hahaha.

Didn't help that googling the issue only brings up broken adobe links that redirect you to some scam subscription service. If I want a product, I'm simply going to just buy it, not sign up for an indefinite loan payment plan where I never own the product :')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>some way to download it again, right?

Sorry... not from Adobe... you will need to contact Amazon to be given a download link

If (when?) you do get a download link, do what I said in my longer message... copy the download file to at least one external drive (or write to a DVD) to have a backup copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to find download links here-

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only takes you to the link for a subscription download. This is a terrible policy. I can download ALL of my older software EXCEPT Lightroom 6. Adobe should be ashamed of themselves for doing this. Bought Lightroom 3, Lightroom 5 and Lightroom 6. NO MORE MONEY TO ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines