Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Original Adobe Illustrator 8.0

Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased new laptop and need to download my Adobe software into it.  My Illustrator CS 5 won't download unless original Illustrator 8.0 is in computer, but 8.0 is not loading on the Windows 64 bit operating system.  How can I get the original program loaded in order to load all of the purchased upgrades?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

No way. AI 8 is simply not compatible. It shouldn't be necessary at all. All that is required is to input the serial number in teh upgrade installer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way. AI 8 is simply not compatible. It shouldn't be necessary at all. All that is required is to input the serial number in teh upgrade installer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue... I upgraded my machine to W10 from W7, and previously had 8.0 with a CS2 upgrade. I have my CS2 disc but cannot locate my 8.0 disc. The CS2 installer is asking for the disc, a local folder for the license, etc, none of which I have. I already entered the CS2 license, and the 8.0 license or disc is still needed, so I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no chance. The activation server for CS2 - CS4 products were cutoff several years ago. That are dead products. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and Illustrator 8.0 is from 1998. The installers are no longer available and likely wouldn't work in any event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:  Get a Creative Cloud Plan.

Illustrator only:  USD $21/month for 12 months.  Or $31.50 for month-to-month plan that you can cancel anytime.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:

• Windows 10 versions 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported;)
  • macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina).

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are features in Illustrator 8 that actually are different and work better than the new Illustrator applications. The Blend tool was different and also Simpify. Once Simplify to a complex path created an effect that no longer works as it did. "Simplify" now in Illustrator 2024 removes points back to the same original shape. Why have "Simplify" and not just Remove Points that is already there. I miss that effect. And Blend in Illustrator 8 used to be individual vector and selectable shapes. Give someone the respect they may have reasons to run software that worked better that you don't understand or realize. Newer software isn't always better software. I have been a porfessional Illustrator user and subscriber since the mid 90s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eggbeater 

if prodesigntools says it's not available, it's not legally available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own the disks and the subscriber software on the adobe site. Its about using old legal software. I personally buy my software, never steal software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you don't need to download it (which is this thread's subject).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youre wrong Prodesign mentioned installers in her post. The whole post if you read it is about the illustrator 8 disks not downloading software. Serial numbers disks and installers do not refer to downloading anything. Read all the posts not just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because of your lack of grammar awareness, it's not clear what you intend to convey.

but this topic and thread is out-dated, so locking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p.s. unless jim @ProDesignTools has undergone some changes they're not a "she".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines