• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DWG CAD files are converted to PDF automatically

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I use autocad and dwg files. I have had some dwg files sent to me but each time i open or try to save them in Windows from Outlook or GMail they convert to PDF automatically. I want to retain them as Dwg file format. ??

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

There is no such thing. They are probably simply associated with Acrobat and the icon changes. Check your system's file association settings and Acrobat's as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing. They are probably simply associated with Acrobat and the icon changes. Check your system's file association settings and Acrobat's as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, all of my dwg files are being converted to pdf automatically.

In windows settings it shows adobe as the app to open dwg, yet this cant be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

garyg84754814  wrote

Actually, all of my dwg files are being converted to pdf automatically.

In windows settings it shows adobe as the app to open dwg, yet this cant be changed.

Well, this is a misunderstanding between Windows applications. Someone told Windows that the program handling DWG drawings from Autocad (or a different program) is Acrobat. But nobody converted the files.

This is a Windows problem and not an Acrobat problem:  https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-change-file-associations/

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines