• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link Manager repeatedly crashes when trying to launch CC applications

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to launch most CC applications, the application locks up and becomes unusable for a few minutes. When it locks up varies slightly between applications (Premiere Pro and After Effects locks up when launching, Photoshop locks up shortly after presenting the main window, ect.). I checked the console after noticing this was happening repeatedly, and saw the following message repeated once a second (with an iterating instance number):

10/27/13 3:56:13.725 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[258]: ([0x0-0x5b05b].com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanager.application[537]) Job appears to have crashed: Abort trap: 6

10/27/13 3:56:13.773 PM ReportCrash[514]: Saved crash report for dynamiclinkmanager[537] version 7.0.0 (7.0.0.0) to ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/dynamiclinkmanager_2013-10-27-155613_lrflew.crash

I uploaded the log file mentioned in the console here: http://pastebin.com/iWBiykSP

I am using a Macbook Pro Retina, 15-Inch, Late 2013 running Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9).

Is anybody else having similar issues? Is there an update I don't know about for the Dynamic Link Manager that fixes this issue? Should I submit a bug report for this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Hi, I got the same problem as you do, and I could not find any workingsolution on the net.

UnUntill I tried to do this

http://d.pr/i/6o3J+

And all the problems I had are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so even though the dynamic link manager was updated with the latest version of Premiere Pro, I'm still experiencing this issue. I'm probably going to have to submit a bug report because the forums have been completely unhelpful.

11/1/13 2:41:26.075 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[260]: ([0x0-0x1a41a4].com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanager.application[1234]) Job appears to have crashed: Abort trap: 6

11/1/13 2:41:26.121 PM ReportCrash[1218]: Saved crash report for dynamiclinkmanager[1234] version 7.1.0 (7.1.0.141) to ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/dynamiclinkmanager_2013-11-01-144126_lrflew.cras

Copy of the crash log: http://pastebin.com/Ub6NmDig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue every time I launch Photoshop CC... Beachball and unresponsive for several minutes upon launch, with the same messsages as above showing up many many times in Console:

12/17/13 9:05:28.847 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[166]: ([0x0-0x127a279].com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanager.application[30972]) Job appears to have crashed: Abort trap: 6

Anyone have any knowledge of a fix? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a "fix," but I do have a workaround. Most of the applications (Photoshop and InDesign for example) finds the dynamiclinkmanager application at /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/7.0/dynamiclinkmanager.app. If you move or rename the application, it will skip the entire proccess when launching the application. If you're ok using Terminal, here's a command that should rename it to "dynamiclinkmanager-moved.app"

mv /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/7.0/dynamiclinkmanager.app /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/7.0/dynamiclinkmanager-moved.app

The only problem is if you have Premiere Pro installed. For some reason, it stores it inside it's own application bundle. The following Terminal commands should work for both Premiere and Media Encoder:

mv /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/dynamiclinkmanager.app /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CC.app/Contents/dynamiclinkmanager-moved.app

mv /Applications/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC.app/Contents/dynamiclinkmanager.app /Applications/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC/Adobe\ Media\ Encoder\ CC.app/Contents/dynamiclinkmanager-moved.app

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

A related question: exactly what *is* dynamiclinkmanager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2013 Dec 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure, but it mostly has to to with moving projects between different applications in the suite. For example, the dynamic link manager allows you to move a project from Premiere Pro to After Effects and back without any real hastle. It's not absolutely needed, as you can do most of what it does manually by just saving and opening the project in the different applications. It is a bit of a hastle to not have it, but if you don't use it too much, you'll hardly miss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got the same problem as you do, and I could not find any workingsolution on the net.

UnUntill I tried to do this

http://d.pr/i/6o3J+

And all the problems I had are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I was cleaning up my computer of old files, and I noticed it started to work after deleting ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmanager.  It's very likely that the issue is with permissions on that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Oscar_C, doing that solved this for me!

I am using:

Ps CC 2014 - 2104.2.0 Release

OS X 10.9.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this post while searching for a sollution to my problem. I came a cross a lot of posts like this and they all seem to have a common theme with Adobe CC paid beta. Granted I wrote a prolific rant I cannot seem to spell check, go to the last paragraph [the short version] and it will explain how to solve this. grrrr....

I noticed that CC keeps forgeting who I am, asking me to log in, updating, changing prefernce, not remembering my cloud settings, it has been awfull. I like the new features, but I feel like Adobe is restting all my macros and pressets every other month.

That is what led me to my conclusion of what is going wrong. Every time I wanted to put After Effects dynamic link Premiere would hang. I had to force close it via Windows 8. I first suspecting Windows 8 to be the problem, I turned off my UAC, I turned off my start screen, ran as admin, even tested it with the admin account. That worked. I tested it with another account., that worked. So everything worked but the account I needed to work. DARN YOU MICROSOFT!!! **fist shaking**

I then thought, "crap, what if they deleted this feature?" "No, they couldn't, this feature is the primary reason why I bought the softwear instead of trying to rip it off (poor college student first job card) Still I found the money to buy the software for this feature, now it is gone???!!!

That is when it occured to me, this was exactly like the crack versions I used of 5???

Hmmm ..

I turned off all my adobe services, rebooted, cleared cache, everything, what the hell.

Then it came to me, what if it thinks i am not who I say I am. After ...

[Short Version] Log out of Creative Cloud then back in.] If you have any issues that seem random make this your first step. Adobe as botch this granted, I believe in them, I think they should extend the $19.99 discount fo another year because of it and the fact we would still be willing to pay that. seriously Adobe, get the poop together or start compinsating your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Creative Cloud on OS X 10.10.2 - granting my user account read/write access to /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmanager seems to have fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting an error related to Dynamic Link Server everytime I click on the "Presentation" section of Lightroom.
Adding read/write access to this folders fixed the problem:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmanager
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmediaserver

Thank you.
and shame on Adobe support, really useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked for me. thank you, and indeed, shame on Adobe! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines