• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easier way to transfer ALL your Adobe Apps to a new Hardware platform

Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - so as a User of several Adobe Apps (and using the latest Creative Cloud Desktop App) I am only able to load the latest and one previous version of Apps on my new PC Hardware Platform that I am building.

From time to time it is necessary to completely renew a Hardware Platform for faster processor, hard drive etc. This means it creates a big headache for uers as it is necessary to download all 'old versions' manually (via Support Links) even though I have them today on my current machine.

The only links I could get from support were the 2021 versions. They did not have 2020 versions or older.

Some 2018 and 2019 versions are available via ProDesign Tools. This is all time consuming and inconvenient !!!

Can't Adobe make this easier for users who want to change/upgrade hardware and provide an option in the latest Creative Cloud Desktop to allow the user to pull down older versions - as long as you tick a box to accept the older versions are out of support.

All this does is restore and install apps as exactly as you have them today on your current machine – but now working on your fresh Hardware platform.

As Creative Cloud only provides the current version and the last version before that, it would be good for users to have that facility to make life easier when changing over to a new PC (or MAC).

Doesn't this make sense and improve Adobe services?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again (i think), these are user forums.

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe (which yes, is almost sure to be ignored),  for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

as for whether your suggestion makes sense; to me yes, it makes sense.  but in the scheme of the many wishes for adobe hardware, i would rank your request fairly low.  certainly lower than a request to have links readily available (eg, via prodesigntools) for all previous versions, and that request is pretty low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes just posted the idea for what it is worth.

I don't know why Adobe bother with the 'ideas tab' if they just ignore them. 

Think I have done this one enough now. I feel exhausted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just saw your cc desktop idea post.

i don't think they ignore those posts, but some things have been problematic for so long that it seems unlikely they'll finally get addressed. eg, non-current adobe links have been problematic for many years. for example, while adobe does (generally) have links to version x.0 of app/suite y, it does not have any other version available.  (and this predates adobe cc.)

it seems (to me) to make more sense, if you're going to have one version available, to have the last update to version x of app/suite y.  unfortunately, because of the way adobe handles many updates, these updates are not full releases.  so then (imo) they should release version x.0 and the last update to version x.0.  but that's unlikely to happen, either.

now, i know that's not your issue.  you just want cc version x.0 to be available in the cc desktop app.  or maybe you want all version x's to be available (which is a much bigger ask than previous asks that have not been implemented).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a good suggestion, but it's clear that Adobe made the deliberate decision NOT to put older apps in Creative Cloud. They clearly really want people to not be able to run older apps. Which in turn forces everyone into giving up the old apps, both directly and for compatibility. So your case needs to give a stronger reason than personal preferences.

I recommend you not mention ProDesign Tools. These share old Adobe links, but don't think Adobe did this deliberately. If you draw attention to this, Adobe will surely close down these old links, to help meet their aims.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback.

Let's be clear that the situation of upgrade of Hardware is not unusual these days and it may be a user has an older 'plug in' for example that only works in Version 'X'. Upgrading the project to Version X+1 or X+2 might render it useless for maintenance purposes.

Whilst I am no expert in SW Subscription legal services - it also raises the question that you paid for access to use a version X at that time and removing your access to it effectively removes your right to use it.

I am sure Adobe have this stitched up neatly, but just highlights the need for a user to be very aware that you might be stitched up yourself in the future.

Hopefully not a common occurence, but it happens.

Oh and I won't mention the 'you know what' again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting new gear is a bit*h, unless you have IT people to manage it for you.  That's a luxury I no longer have from my corporate working days.  Setting up new equipment isn't something I or anyone else particularly looks forward to.  But it's part of computer ownership.

Eventually most apps will become browser-based instead of OS based a la Google Chromebooks.  To some extent it's already happening with apps in Adobe Express and other online services. But it's not yet viable for more sophisticated apps like Photoshop and Premier Pro...

Until that day eventually comes, we all have to suck it up & install apps on our new devices.  That's just how current computers work. It is what it is...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea 

..unless you're a mac user and utilize migration assistant which promises to transfer all your software to your new computer seamlessly.  of course, i know you know that's a recipe for disaster that makes the op's problems seem insignificant.

pity the innocent mac users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.  Apple Geniuses promise the moon with Migration Assistant and usually deliver dust. 😞

Nothing is easy.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can have a brand new Mac, out of the box, setup for me, all software installed, pretty much ready to go in a couple of hours. Most of that is waiting for downloads and files copying between computers. I've done this several times in the past few years while migrating to newer hardware a few times. I guess I have the advantage of working in desktop support for a few years 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

except for adobe cc apps, i have all my installation and data files on an internal hard disk drive that i move to from old to new pc's.

that's worrked well for me for the past few pc's.  but next computer i'm going to change my data drive from hdd to ssd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines