• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 10 - disks 2 & 3

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sucessfully installed Elements 10 from disk 1.  Disks 2 & 3 in the package were called for, are they needed and if yes what are they for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Disc 2 contains the 64-bit version for Windows.  Disc 3 contains the installer for Mac OS.  If you have the 32-bit version of Windows then there is no need for you to install anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disc 2 contains the 64-bit version for Windows.  Disc 3 contains the installer for Mac OS.  If you have the 32-bit version of Windows then there is no need for you to install anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have a 64bit system. Can just install disk 2 on top of disk 1, or do I need to uninstall disk 1 first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why will disc 2 not install?  I have unistall disc 1 -4 times.  I have turned off the security protection.  When the install asks for disc 2 I insert it and then the install goes to the finished screen.  What's up with all of this?  Is disc 1 all I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@buhdabob I would recommend removing the 32-bit version prior to installing the 64-bit version.

@jguynn we would need more information regarding how your installation failed.  Did you receive an error message or review your install logs for possible messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I think I finally figured it out.  Elements 10 installed succesfully from disk 1.  Since my current Premiere 7 meets my needs I elected not to install the trial version of Premiere 10 on disk 2 which has the 64 bit option.  So with all that said I do not have a problem as disk 2 has no additional data required to Elements.  I should have gone to the website instructions first. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank yoy Thank you!  I only installed disc 1 and now everything is great.  I read all information and nothing was said about disc 2 being a trial version.  I have 3 disc and only needed 1.  Oh well, I have a nice little holder for all 3.

Thanks again.

Janie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone at Adobe reads these it would be more helpful just to add this to this booklet that comes in the box, rather than directing us to the website. I'm from the school that if 3 disks come in the box then the 3 disks need to be loaded. Now that I've gone to the website I know that I only need one and the other 2 will make a nice pair coasters for my glass of Scotch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion Buhdabob.  I will pass it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines