Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 for both CS6 and CC Mac

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OSX 10.8.4 mid 2009 Macbook 6 GB ram 256 GB SSD

CS6 for some odd reason fails to open with an error 16.  I uninstall it and AAM does not list it so I can't reinstall

Download Bridge CC which does work, but Photoshop CC gives the same error and the same uninstall/reinstall error.

How do fix this and how do I get CS6 cloud version back?

And why does bridge CC tell me I don't have sufficient permissions when I use Help > Update?

I'd be glad to nuke and pave,but I need to know how.

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

I solved the dilemma by going direct download and avoiding the CC installer upgrade.

First I rebooted my Mac using Cmd R and using my Time Machine HDD (I hope you do back up often), re-imaged my Macbook with the latest full backup before this problem. Save all your important work files to another drive before doing this.

After that you can boot into that recovered image and use CS6 normally.

This time avoid updating AAM and proceed to this link for direct CC downloads.

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept having Error 16 even after the changes. The solution form me was renaming two folders as suggested in the trouble shooting somewhere else. Still very annoyed, LR keeps crushing after few minutes intestead of seconds:

Solution 2: Rename SLCache and SLStore folders

• Rename the SLCache folder to SLCacheold, present at the following location:    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe    Mac: System Library/Application Support/Adobe

• Rename SLStore folder toSLStoreold, present at following location:    Windows: C:\ProgramData\Adobe    Mac: System Library/Application Support/Adobe

• Launch Lightroom and sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines