Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Today I heard about "Adobe Animate CC" and I wanted to give it a try, when I installed "Creative Cloud" and started to install "Animate CC" I just needed to open it to start a new trial.

So I got this message:

So I did as it said, I reinstalled "Animate CC" and then... The same message appeared with this hint coming with it:

I never even was able to open it, and when I came to "Home" Tab it told me it started the Trial, but... I don't understand why this happened...

So I'm still confused about Error 16 and about the "Trial Expired" message.

The first one (5hrs ago) was the first try, as it downloaded "Media Encoder CC" with it, even though I don't know why, probably just an add-on.

It took about an hour to install, and I opened the app and it said I started me 7 day trial.

Until I had to reinstall, which comes the last try.

Any help, please?

I really want to try this, and see if I should purchase it (Because trying on your own is the best instead of watching a video)

As of said again, I have no idea how a trial got expired if I just started it...?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Arthurv68896315 what happens when you click on the link to contact our chat support at Contact Customer Care​?  Are you not being given the opportunity to chat with a member of our support team on this computer?  If so then please try a different web browser. 

If you continue to face difficulties then you may want to consider backing up any critical documents and files and restoring your installation of Windows.  If you are unable to adjust file permissions, in multiple user accounts, nor establ

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried the Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud and it did not work, atleast I had one step not working, I don't have the "Owner" Tab at the Advanced Security Settings Window.

Could that be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arthurv68896315 from your description it sounds like the current User account does not have sufficient access to the SLStore and Adobe PCD folders.  If you are unable to correct this in the current User account then please create a new local administrator account on the computer and open Animate CC 2017 in the new account.

Complete information on how to set up a new local administrator account can be found at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a local account according to the link, signed into it and signed into Adobe Cloud.

The Problem still occurs, as it is the same exact problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that is extremely unfortunate Arthurv68896315.  Are you still unable to access to Owner tab?  If so then please contact whoever is administrating the computer so that access to this tab can restored.

If you have access to the Owner's tab, under the newly created local administrator account, then it is likely that installed security software is preventing the SLStore and Adobe PCD folders from being updated.  Please review the settings of any installed security software.  If you are unsure if the software is affecting the ability to modify the SLStore and Adobe PCD then please consider temporarily suspending the software to see if the same error occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I know who is Administrating the computer?

Yes, I still do not have the owner tab.

Which softwares can lock the owner's tab? Anti-Viruses possibly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arthurv68896315 usually access to the Owners tab will be affected by group policy or some other type of restrictions.  Is your computer managed by an I.T. department?

If not then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care so that the error can be directly addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought maybe I could chat to the customer service... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arthurv68896315 what happens when you click on the link to contact our chat support at Contact Customer Care​?  Are you not being given the opportunity to chat with a member of our support team on this computer?  If so then please try a different web browser. 

If you continue to face difficulties then you may want to consider backing up any critical documents and files and restoring your installation of Windows.  If you are unable to adjust file permissions, in multiple user accounts, nor establish a chat session, then there may be larger issues with the current installation of Windows Arthurv68896315.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines