• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 160 while installing Photoshop CC 2015.5

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install Photoshop I receive the error 160 code. I have checked the registry permissions to ensure full access but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Run Adobe Cleaner tool and  if present remove Adobe Photoshop cc.  [ Do not select Clean all option  , it will remove all installed Adobe apps ]

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

Navigate to C:> Program Files > Adobe.

If present rename or delete Adobe Photoshop CC folder.

Optional step:  Run any registry/PC Cleaner tool to remove invalid reference registry keys or unnecessary left over remnant files created while attempting to install app.

Fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip although that does not seem to work for me.

I found this entry in the registry and deleted it

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/WINDOWS/CURRENT VERSION/APP PATHS/PHOTOSHOP.EXE

Then rebooted and re-installed Photoshop CC (2015.5) from the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Installation still fails with exactly the same error:-

Exit Code: 160

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 160) executing in command 'SetRegistryValueCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.1.159

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.1.159). Error code: '160'

WARN: Error Setting Registry - Start 64-bit:1 root:0 key:.orf name:Default type:REG_SZ data:Photoshop.CameraRawFileOlympus.100. Check for Registry permissions. (Error: Error 5 Access is denied.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your error appears to be slightly different. I did a registry search for .orf and found several different folders within the registry. As I found each folder, I checked the folder permission. All had defaulted to the USER as read only. It did allow me to change to Full Access. Maybe if you change permissions of the .orf folders it may allow the upgrade to complete. Worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried that but it has not helped. Install still fails with exactly the same error.

And adobe support have also tried that (taking several hours on remote link to admin account on this PC since they have no offline installers).

Now they have closed my case as resolved.

Their resolution is "Told customer to contact Microsoft".

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2016 Sep 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'm sorted now thanks.

As of about 20 minutes ago another support engineer (fourth time now) has spent yet more time messing about with my registry and re-trying the install and finally Photoshop is back.

I am very pleased but Adobe please note that does not really mean I am happy overall.

Much as I like Lightroom everything CC has been a pretty painful experience. I still may yet switch to Affinity + Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I don't know if it was your tip in conjunction with all of the above, but that is what fixed it.

My original problem was that photoshop stopped recognizing the sound in a video file.  Lightroom had no problem.  So after a few hours trying to find the problem I decided to re-install photoshop.  24 hours later, much of it caused by insanely slow download speeds from Adobe, (no it's not my broadband) and the silly install procedure repeated after every attempt to fix it, I now have the sound working again.  I have no idea what went wrong, and therefore I expect it to happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ih vea the same issue here, also spent lots off time with help session, but no result. The other apps installed well only Photoshop is giving error 160.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. It's not clear from the images, but what these steps do is allow you to make the administrator profile available to you by turning it on in the Command function, then install, then turn it off in Command, and then log back in normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines