• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 184 on Creative Cloud Update

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to update Adobe Creative Cloud, the process freezes, usually around 51%.  Then I get an "Update failed" message with Error Code 184.  Adobe suggests restarting computer and retrying, but there is no change.  I have tried going into task manager and closing all the processes I can, but I still get the same error.  I have tried to uninstall/reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud but it won't let me without uninstalling my apps, in may case Photoshop and Lightroom Classic.  Are there any other suggestions short of uninstalling all my Adobe apps and reinstalling?

Nat

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Thanks for your reply. The file or folder mentioned in the "Exit Code: 184" thread is not present on my installation.  I finally opted to reinstall everything.  In doing so, I discovered that there were multiple prior versions of Photoshop and Lightroom in the Adobe program folder.  Maybe that was where the problem originated??  At any rate, I feel I have a much cleaner install now so maybe it was worth the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathaniel,

Because Error 184 occurs when a necessary file is locked by another process, restarting the computer and reinitiating the installation is the default solution. However, if it's not working in your case, you might try the solutions offered in this forum discussion: Exit Code: 184​. It's an older thread, but it's worth a try to perhaps save yourself a lengthy reinstall.

If that doesn't help, please reply to this discussion and include information on your computer and operating system so we can better troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. The file or folder mentioned in the "Exit Code: 184" thread is not present on my installation.  I finally opted to reinstall everything.  In doing so, I discovered that there were multiple prior versions of Photoshop and Lightroom in the Adobe program folder.  Maybe that was where the problem originated??  At any rate, I feel I have a much cleaner install now so maybe it was worth the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem when I upgraded my processor, reinstall was the only option available. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines