Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 204

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Having trouble with "creative cloud" the past two days... Use it for Adobe Premiere. Not had any issues the past 3 months then suddenly, when I open Creative Cloud, I get an Error 204 message. The update/install stops at 6% every time.

I've tried uninstalling the program twice, clearing all the Adobe CC files from my computer, all the other Adobe programs, wiping them all from my computer. Restarting and starting over, and I'm still having the same issue.

I tried installing Premiere Pro on its own but that won't let me open my files to edit because "the save files were created with a newer version"...

Please help... About to launch my laptop through my window.

Dom

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Adrianm366001 when it works under the newly created account then it would indicate that the previous User account did not have the necessary permissions to modify, or write to, the required folder/directory.

You can try to adjust the file permissions for the previous User account. Details on how to update the file permissions can be found at Error exit code 6, exit code 7 installing Adobe Creative Cloud​.  You will want to review the install log to determine the exact directory/folders that are a

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried running Adobe Cleaner... tried re-installing... same issue, stops an update at 6% with an error 204 message...

About to lovingly launch my laptop through a window...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dom error 204 indicates there was a problem accessing a critical file or directory during the installation process.   Additional information on Error 204 can be found at Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues​.

Please review the settings of any installed security software.  It is likely preventing access to the necessary files/folders to complete the installation process.  If you are unsure how to reconfigure the software then please temporarily suspend it's use to allow the installation to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to me. To suspend my security software those not help. I also tried to use Adobe Cleaner and checked my configuration. I cannot install new product nor as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrianm366001 have you created a new local administrator account to see if the new accounts file permissions are also compromised?  What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Windows 10 home. Bevore I never had that problem. I did  not create  new Account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Adrianm366001.  As previously discussed Error 204 is caused when the current user account does not have the required access to a necessary file or directory.  You can find complete details on how to set up a new local administrator account at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html.

If you have any questions then please update this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it works again. Normaly i log me in by using Microsoft account at Windows Home.

So, after i used local login i can install and also start those application (same effect by using other app). No problem before.

What could it be changed, that makes this kind of effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adrianm366001 when it works under the newly created account then it would indicate that the previous User account did not have the necessary permissions to modify, or write to, the required folder/directory.

You can try to adjust the file permissions for the previous User account. Details on how to update the file permissions can be found at Error exit code 6, exit code 7 installing Adobe Creative Cloud​.  You will want to review the install log to determine the exact directory/folders that are affected.  Information on how to locate the install log can be found at Creative Cloud download and install errors​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines