Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: 205 (Adobe Creative Cloud)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So I recently made a fresh installment of Windows 11 and tried to install my Adobe Creative Cloud. The Installer goes up to around 4% after I get Error 205.

I downloaded the Installer multiple times, tried a different browser, logged out and back in, and Deleted all "Adobe" folders but I still get the error.

Any idea how to fix that ?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

restart your computer and use:

install the cc desktop app from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

if you have trouble downloading, use the alternative download site at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something's blocking your secure connection to adobe.  with win 11, you should have a tls enabled (default) browser, but check anyway, https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

after confirming that, start here to remedy the other common 205 error inducing issues - Fix download, install, or update errors for your Adobe apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response.

TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3 are enabled, I tried all common Troubleshoots for the 205 error and none of them seem to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer and use:

install the cc desktop app from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

if you have trouble downloading, use the alternative download site at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so after downloading the Alternative Installer and extracting it, it just installed perfectly fine. No idea why the normal Download doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue, this helped me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've folowed all these suggestions multiple times, with, and without adobe customer support on Win11, Sometimes the suggestions work but only briefly, error 205, log out, login, reinstall, clean, remove credentials, restart, sometimes the steps work but only briefly, Is there any new info? Everything is up to date, I have even tried older versions of apps, same thing, I have changed in/out permissions, as well as allowed in firewall and virus protection, as well as changing the directory permissions, and running as administrator same 205 Error. Anything new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, nothing new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for trying the suggestions. It can be a system specific glitch. Could you share the log file using the log collector tool? https://adobe.ly/3U7P0CV

Please keep us updated when you do so.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ngl-lib_NglAppLib may be the problem, this is adobe's licensing lib? im seeing the 205 error next the this line several time in logs Ive been looking at, as well as several other internal errors. the only visual error popup is 205. Any ideas on a work around so I dont have to run cloud via Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines