• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 301 on Mac OS

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would have been an excellent recommendation except that the thread on error 301 for mac was closed by admins and we were directed here for the "solution." 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alice, where are you encountering Error 301 on macOS? Is it during the download and install process?  What steps have you taken to correct the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe CC for literally years. It's been installed forever. I'm assuming this is from an auto-update. Today there is a red notification on the creative cloud icon. When I clicked on it to open creative cloud, it shows "Update Failed" on all my apps except for Acrobat DC and media Encoder. There is a blue message box that says: "Encountered issues in updating creative cloud. Error code 301" (the underlined text looks like a link but is not clickable, strangely). It gave me one option: "Retry." I retried. It did not work and started the whole error notification over again. I retried again. I went to the adobe support community and there is no published solution available for macs. I would appreciate any support or resolution you can provide. 

I'm on mac OS 11.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information, Alice. Error 301 is indicating that the installer is being denied permission to make the necessary updates.  Please create a new local administrator account by following the guidance in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html.  If the error continues on the new account, then please review the settings for any installed security software that may be blocking the update process.

For more information on Error 301 see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error301.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't make sense. I'm the only account on my machine, and that account is the sole administrator for the three+ years I've had the laptop, and I haven't installed any new security software (certainly not since yesterday). But I suddenly need to establish a new admin account that would eat up a ton of precious disk space. Are you sure that establishing a second account just to administer this one piece of software is the best and only solution? What does "check your security settings" entail? Can I start there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alice, the point of trying a newly created account is to see if the permissions for the current account are insufficient to complete the update process.  The secondary benefit of testing with a new account is to test if there are any account-related settings, such as those applied to disk optimization and security software, blocking the installation process.

The other option is using the installation logs to determine the exact location of the failure. You will then need to verify the current User account has necessary access, and if so, then what else is blocking the installer from writing to the necessary locations.

If you would like assistance with either process, please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines