I am notified that there are 4 downloads available

- PS

-LR

-LR CC

- Camera Raw

But with each one I get the same issue - ERROR 306

I have been to the page that says...

Error code 306: Unable to install/update the product

Error code 306 indicates an installation or an update failure.

Solution

Download the latest version of the installer using direct download links and try again.

I followed through to the CC Download page and downloaded and run the file Creative_Cloud_Set-up

The file appeared to install but when trying the update I get the same errors

ANOTHER TRIAL

I returned to the CC Download page and tried the alternive option...

Windows Alternative download

I downloaded the correct file for my laptop...

Windows 10 version 1903 and later
(64-bit)

After downloading I unzipped the ACCCx5_6_0_788 then run the file

Same again, after running and returning to page Creative Cloud Desktop, I tried to install the update.

SAME ERROR 306 for each of the 4 suggested updates, each concluding 'update failed'

HELP PLEASE

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-messaging and then reinstall

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

I get this 306 error yeaterday, on PS, Lr, so reinstaling Creative Cloud App not helps, reinstaling Lr same, so i used Iobit Uninstaler, and on unnistalation process, program asked me first try to repair CCA, i did, and everything went perfectly, its fixed problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is your os version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry

Windows 10 - 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

64 bit

OS Build - 19043.1348

LR Classic 11.0.1

PS 23.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

if you're unable to download the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support on the chat earlier today, I explained the issue and said I had a programmed update to Windows 11 at 20:30 today. I asked shall I uninstall everything and start again after Windows 11 was installed, the person thought it would be a good idea, so I uninstalled everything using iobit uninstaller program.

After doing that I brought forward the Windows 11 upgrade, this is now installed.

I therefore was not aware at that time of your post, it wasn't there when I contacted support but I see it now.

I am back in my account and looking to reinstall the items in my package, but nothing is happening at this point? I have accessed my Apps and clicked the PS one to install, it just ststes 'getting ready' but nothing happens?

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started from scratch and downloaded Creative_Cloud_Set-up file

I then double clicked this file to install

It asked to make changes to computer and I clicked Yes

Result:

Unable to Sync Install sync component and try again Error code 306 Again.

This is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you already uninstalled everything cc including the cc app, start with the cleaner step in my previous message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this 306 error yeaterday, on PS, Lr, so reinstaling Creative Cloud App not helps, reinstaling Lr same, so i used Iobit Uninstaler, and on unnistalation process, program asked me first try to repair CCA, i did, and everything went perfectly, its fixed problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramunės , 

Your way worked for me as well. I've had Error 306 all the time and just had to reinstall everything. I already had Iobit Uninstaller. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem this morning and didn't want to re-install everything and lose all my configs. Thanks, it worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This right here! Nothing else worked, thanks a lot homie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ramunės Pasaulis your fix worked for me as well. Well done. Same error 306 and already had iobit uninstaller. Asked to repair and clicked yes. All good. Thank you. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. After over 1 hour in a screen share with a beyond-useless official Adobe software "expert", who made things worse and kept digging and trying and wasting my time asking me to disable Firewall, Virus Software and finally asked me if I had an alternative internet connection, I called it quits. He had uninstalled my main apps (PS, ID, PremierePro) and managed to completely unsync CC.

I simply ran IOBit Uninstaller, hit "repair" for Adobe CC, and the problem was solved.

I'll try to avoid these support people like the plague from now on. This wasn't my first nightmare experience with them either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using IOBit Uninstaller is interesting but my version (12.3 pro) does not have that option.

I have to uninstall and reinstall CC every second time updates are available.

The uninstall/reinstall cycle only works for one update. (insert crying and desperate emoji here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! This works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines