• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 403 while trying to download Photoshop - macOS

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to download photoshop through the creative cloud i keep getting the error code 403

what do I do? I am running the latest version of mac os catalina.Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 11.33.56 AM.png

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

I contacted support and they helped me fix it with the following steps. In summary, you need to turn off auto-update in the Creative Cloud app, sign out of your account in the Creative cloud app, force all running Adobe processes to quit, relauch the CC app, sign in again, and then it should work. Step-by-step below.

1. Open the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

2. Click the gear icon on the top to open settings.

3. Click "Apps" on the left.

4. Switch off "Auto-update".

5. Click done.

6. Sign out of your a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the error code 403, could you please try the steps mentioned here and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-error-403-launching-aam.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it helped them, but it sure didn't help me since i JUST downloaded the creative cloud installer and have no updates pending. So I'm stil getting error code 403. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download Photoshop, Premiere, AE, and more from a fresh download of the desktop Creative Cloud app (so yes, the most up to date) and I'm still getting 403 errors.

Oddly enough, Lightroom Classic and Audition downloaded just fine, but others are having the 403 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support and they helped me fix it with the following steps. In summary, you need to turn off auto-update in the Creative Cloud app, sign out of your account in the Creative cloud app, force all running Adobe processes to quit, relauch the CC app, sign in again, and then it should work. Step-by-step below.

1. Open the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

2. Click the gear icon on the top to open settings.

3. Click "Apps" on the left.

4. Switch off "Auto-update".

5. Click done.

6. Sign out of your account by clicking the circle in the top right of the Creative Cloud window.

7. Quit the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

8. Open your Activity Monitor (in your /Applications/Utilities/ folder on macOS).

9. Type "adobe" into the search field to show all active Adobe processes.

10. Select them all and force them all to quit. After they quit, you can quit the Activity Monitor.

11. Launch Creative Cloud Desktop app and sign into your account again.

12. Download the apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) that you want.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 - Confirming this worked perfectly for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost never leave comments in forums but I had to THANK YOU SO MUCH because after tearing my hair out trying to figure out the problem behind this error, this finally worked!!!! Thank you for relaying the solution to us, you're a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

having the same issue here and tried the steps above - but it is still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error occur after a fresh macOS install and this solution worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error while installing Photoshop. Was frustrating. This solution did the magic and solved the problem. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the answer!!

Yes, It works again. Thanks You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fingers are crossed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that doesn't work for me.... I'd wait for a PS 22.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je présume que le problème réside dans la version française ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same 403 error with the french version of photoshop. I try this solution but it dosent work !

I try uninstall CC but nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did his successsfully, although at step 11 when I tried to uninstall Creative Cloud there was a "repair" box, which I clicked, followed through, and PS successfullly downloaded.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, can you add a button to these support pages like Apple's "I also this problem," so you can proactively address common issues? I also had this issue. New M1 MacBook, new install of Adobe CC and errors right from the start...boo. Thankfully the easy 12-step solution worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tricks in Creative Desktop App do not work for me !

• Error 403 on 22.4 update or 22.4 install from scratch, after 22.3.1 uninstall

• Re-install Photoshop 22.3.1 work perfectly and 403 error on update re appear

22.4 Install or update still impossible. Why ?

macos 11.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the French version? Several users have reported issues with that version. If you are, you may wish to add to the feedback forum thread, which is monitored by Adobe developers

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/update-ps-224-error-403/609eb8bf905ab2786c236...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines