• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 50

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions to rename OODB folder to OODB.old.  Creative Cloud disappeared from my desk top. I then went to www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager to dowmload Creative Cloud desktop manager.  During the installation I got error message 50.  Do I need to reload all of Creative Cloud?  If so, how is the best way to do this? At the present time Iam not able to use photoshop.  Please help me.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Billgeo, Jre, and Fabio.duarte please see Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html for information on how to resolve your current error.  If you continue to receive an error 50 can you please post a screen shot of the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, same thing happened when I was prompted for update to Creative Cloud Desktop, failed install code 50. uninstalled it (twice for some reason until it disappeared from Programs list in win8.1 x64) and tried downloading the "fresh" version from adobe website - I carefully r-clicked with option Run as Administartor, same thing, it downloaded latest version and then failed with code 50.

Then it clicked in my mind, must be some temporary file (old installer copy) in temp folder that is causing it! here's where I found 2 old adobe CC desktop files (dated from March 2014):

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp

They were called creativecloudhelper.exe and creativecloudset-up.exe (the standalone one, 2.67MB), after deleting those 2 files I was able to normally install creativecloudset-up.exe (601KB) webinstaller that I downloaded from Adobe website, no more problems! Try this if all fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't Adobe fix this damned issue?

I have been dealing with this for almost a YEAR now - same crap every friggen time I try to update CC: it fails, Adobe says delete this, uninstall that, jump thru this hoop, rub your tummy and pat your head.....this is COMPLETE BULLSHIT!!!!

I would estimate that I have spent at least 20 hours of my own time dealing with this issue.

Sure, what Adobe says to do when encountering the issue works, but as paying customers, WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT!

WAKE UP, ADOBE!  Maybe the company should hire some developers that knows their butt from third base and get this issue fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the way they censored F R I G G E N and COMPLETE B U L L S H I T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Torture by code feels SO much better when you are paying for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here:

Installing Update...

45%

Creative Cloud desktop failed to update.(Error code: 50) Contact Customer Support

Windows 7, 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to go past the error by manually adjusting permissions of the %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE folder.

The installer runs as a currently logged in user, and that user needs "Full control" permissions to the aforementioned folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run as administrator and still get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That 45% is interesting since I am win7 64 and got that exact value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johngury did you try adjusting the file permission as suggested by TObject in message #75?  You will want to make sure that you apply the changes to all child objects.  Additional details on how to adjust file permissions can be found at Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first time updating my trial version after subscribing to CC and I had the exact same problem.  Disabled my firewall and antivirus software and it updated perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For problems with Creative Cloud update (when it hits 45%)-

1. Close Creative Cloud window. Open Task Manager- you will still see CreativeCloud.exe process running- kill it.

2. Also kill any other Adobe process that is running, like the IPC Broker, etc. Kill them all.

3. Now restart the Creative Cloud window and the update should install with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

victorcharlesiii: unfortunately that doesn't do the trick either. It's a shame that Adobe is unable to fix this months-old issue ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Last suggestion I'll make is to run Creative Cloud as Administrator, but I'm guessing you've already tried that. I was a lucky one, I guess- I had a successful chat with an Adobe Chat Support rep, who gave me the suggestion to kill the active Adobe processes, then everything worked fine. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this since the start of the Creative Cloud. It has been on Windows 7 and Windows 8. Doesn't matter which updates. Everytime I have to uninstall everything on my PC and Laptop to get it working again.

The only thing that stayed the same is the language in German.

How difficult can it be to write a simple update application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get Error Code 50 EVERY TIME I have to update the CC Desktop. It's a time-consuming hassle. The second time it happened, I got support through the chat system.

Below are the steps that I was given by tech support via chat in February 2014. I saved the chat transcript and have used the steps several times since then.  It's more than annoying. Adobe hasn't worked out the bugs from their CC desktop application and it's costing me hours of time.    CC should be free since the bugs are not being addressed.

Here are the steps:

Download the Creative Cloud cleaner tool and click Run.  It will open a black screen.

1) Type E and hit enter

2) Type Y and hit enter

3) Type 3 and hit enter to select the Creative Cloud and CS 6 products. (which is what I have.)

4) Select the "Creative Cloud Desktop" option ONLY and hit enter.

5) Type Y and hit enter to confirm the cleaning of Creative Cloud Desktop with errors.

Then close the cleaner screen.

-- Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe" folder.

-- Move the folder "AdobeApplicationManager" to desktop

-- Move the folder "OOBE" to desktop

-- Press Windows logo+R key in the keyboard and type as C:\ProgramData\Adobe and hit enter. It will open a folder.

-- Move the folder "AAMUpdater" to desktop

-- Press Windows logo+R key in the keyboard and type %localAppData% and hit enter. Open Adobe folder.

-- Rename the "AAMUpdater" folder as "AAMUpdater_old" and then move that file to desktop

-- Rename the "OOBE" folder as "OOBE_old" and then move that file to desktop

-- Then ... to reinstall ... <https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud>

-- Once installed, delete the 5 folders that were moved to your desktop -- AAMUpdater, AAMUpdater_old, AdobeApplicationManager, OOBE,

OOBE_old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I went thru this same sequence for fixing. It worked but it keeps coming back on every new major push out of CC desktop app. Why they can't fix this is a mystery to me. Fortunately the app updater can work independently of it for the most important tasks.  Then some people try to make the point that "oh it is the app updater that  causes the problem"  Right, the thing that works.  Well how about FIX IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right - it's a recurring problem that Adobe needs to fix.  It's an endless hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have compensated me with a free month or two on the full CC subscribe for going thru some of these 3 or 4 hour ordeal with the tech group from India. So that is some consolation. Plus I learn a lot about India in the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how to fix the Creative Cloud error code: 50. I am running Windows 7 Pro, but this may not matter.

1. Close all Adobe applications.

2. Click on Windows Start Button, Type %localAppdata% and Press Enter.

3. Go to Local> Adobe folder.

4. You will see a folder name OOBE, delete that folder.

5. Delete the Folder name AAM Updater.

6. Now navigate to this location on your computer:C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe.

7. Delete the folder name AdobeApplicationManager.

8. Delete the folder name OOBE.

9. Now use this link to download Creative Cloud: https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe. Everything should work perfectly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow people still having the problem.

I haven't had it again since I removed everything AGAIN and re-installed everything AGAIN.

BUT I know its frustrating.

I was also using an install helper (iobit power uninstall or whatever)

so It went through registry and everything to clear it out completely.

** I do not recommend ANY of those reg fix things, they all get over used and end up destroying the integrity of registry somehow.

Anyway

this is just my update.

I have to uninstall everything and install again ANYWAY

Because of glitches in media playback i'm experiencing and can not get rid of.

WHAT FUN COMPUTERS CAN BE>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This procedure worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked last time. Unfortunately I have to do it again

cc-errors.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this discussion due to it referencing a previous version of the Creative Cloud Desktop application from 2014.  If you are experiencing new errors please start a new discussion in Community: Creative Cloud Download & Install | Adobe Community.  Please include any steps you have utilized to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This continues to be an issue with nearly every Adobe Creative Cloud app update.  Honestly, Adobe, it seems to be happening to enough people at this point that one would think you would be able to find the root cause and put out a fix for it.Having to do a complete uninstall and completely clean re-install nearly every time there is an Adobe Creative Cloud update is a ridiculous waste of our time and causes an ongoing loss of productivity.  Please get this issue fixed so that we can all spend our time working on projects and not troubleshooting and fixing your service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines