• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error code 72

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a PC (not virtual) with Win 7 64bit Ult. When installing CC I recieve the error code 72. There is no specification for this code by adobe and I tried everithin said elsewhere:

I downloaded the file repeatetly

I have on real network card on board, causing no problems elsewhere

I rebooted about 50 times

I cleaned the registry

I remooved all adobe installations and renamed all adobe related folders - and rebootet

It is not possible to install any software out of my CC account, allway aborting installation early with this code.

Has anyone an idea???!!!

Thanks for help!

Uli

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm , may I ask whether you had removed Adobe folders from all 8 or 7 locations?

If you had performed complete removal and still facing same issue.

Try right clicking on Creative Cloud setup.exe and select Run as Administrator option.

Still facing same issue , you can try with New Administrator account or Hidden Administrator account.

Also , you can try to update Adobe Application Manager to Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install CC apps like Photoshop cc 2014 , Illustrator cc 2014 ...etc without Creative Cloud , however in order to activate the Apps as full version , it is mandatory to have Creative Cloud desktop application installed on computer and signed in with valid Adobe ID.

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder.

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same.

After installation process is completed, look for Adobe Application Manager  shortcut icon on Desktop and Right click on it and select " Run as Administrator"  and try to update and check.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager : Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast response.

First I have tryed to rename the OOBE folder in OOBE-old. It does't work. Than I renamed all Adobe folders (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and C:\Program Files and C:\Users\(User)), it doid't work.

I tried to run the installation as administrator, it does't work.

Now I#ll try to create a new administrator account and I'll be back soon.

Thanks Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to End all Adobe processes from Task Manager .

You need to remove Adobe folder from below mentioned locations :

Enable Hidden files and folders option.

1)C:\Program Files\Adobe

2)C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

3)C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

4)C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

5)C:\ProgramData\Adobe

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

It will open Appdata folder.

Under Appdata , you can see folders named

Local

Local Low

Roaming.

Each one of them contains Adobe folders inside remove them.

Run Cleaner tool once and select Clean All option.

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems/_jc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o.k. I have forgotten the hidden folders. But unfortunately it does't change anything.

I went through your list, but there is no change. After cleaning tool and new attempt to install the adobe-folders are new, but the error 72 stops installation.

My day starts early tomorrow and I have to discontinue for today.

I thank you for your help and I'll try again tomorrow.

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok , you may try below steps:

Click on Start menu and in the search box , type in as CMD.

Then among the search results. locate Command Prompt option, Right click on it and select Run as Administrator. (Very Imp)

It will open Command Prompt window.

Inside that , copy , Right click and paste below command on to Command Prompt window.

net user administrator /active:yes

It should prompt you with the message "  The command completed Successfully"  .( command will execute only if you had ran Command Prompt as Administrator)

Then restart the computer .

During login , you can see new user account named " Administrator" 

Again  ,

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.  ( If you cannot delete , rename it)

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder.

Important : Please disable Anti-Virus and Firewall temporarily .

Then download and install Adobe Application Manager and once the installation process is completed,  double click on Adobe Application Manager icon and try updating :

It should work hopefully .

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager8.0_all.exe

Note :

To Disable Hidden Admin account , follow same procedure , but use below command instead :

net user administrator /active:no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

to give here a short final feedback:

I went through your list and unfortunately it did not work again

So in the end I erased the complete windows installation (wich was one week old...) and started with a blanc pc from zero.

I really hope this will finally work .

Many thanks for your efford!

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

I wish you all the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Schweigmann‌ , i have the same problem of you , is it works now?,????

thanks for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nassisluke,

I was unable to localise the problem, even with the help of the community. Si I went back to zero and reinstalled the hole partition and dud a new windows installation. With the new setup I experianced no further problems an installation of CC was uneventful.

Hope this is of any help for you.

Greetings

Ulrich Schweigmann

Am 07.05.2015 um 03:28 schrieb Nassislike <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

error code 72

created by Nassislike in Creative Cloud Download & Install - View the full discussion

hi Schweigmann , i have the same problem of you , is it works now?,????

thanks for your response

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7520004#7520004 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7520004#7520004

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Creative Cloud Download & Install by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nassisluke,

I was unable to localise the problem, even with the help of the community. Si I went back to zero and reinstalled the hole partition and dud a new windows installation. With the new setup I experianced no further problems an installation of CC was uneventful.

Hope this is of any help for you.

Greetings

Ulrich Schweigmann

Am 07.05.2015 um 03:28 schrieb Nassislike <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

error code 72

created by Nassislike in Creative Cloud Download & Install - View the full discussion

hi Schweigmann , i have the same problem of you , is it works now?,????

thanks for your response

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7520004#7520004 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7520004#7520004

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Creative Cloud Download & Install by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines