• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Installing Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new laptop to replace my old one. Both operate with Windows 7. For the past two days I have been trying unsuccessfully to install Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium onto my new laptop. I had no problem when installing the same onto my old laptop.

Adobe Error.jpg

I sought help on google, read and tried most of the relevant suggestions from the following, but with no avail:

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

A local friend and IT expert has helped solve the problem. Thanks, everyone in this forum, who has been trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

It was purely by trial and error and guess work. At the following

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\sRGBColorSpaceProfile.icm

* Owner was switch to Administrator

* Permissions at the following were switched to “Full control”

* Re-install "Run as Administrator"

Our resolution is less than perfect. One minor issue persists "Adobe flash player 10 ActiveX error 2", but hopefully it does not pose any major issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing under XP compatibility mode. there may be some new patches that inhibit the install.

I suppose that your Windows is 7 64bits with the latest patches installed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Following your advice, I sought via google what XP compatibility mode might mean. I have not actually pursued this option, because I first wish to seek further advice from you and other member of this forum and to understand better what this option may or may not deliver. On the basis of my initial understanding, even if installation by XP compatibility mode is successful, I am not sure that would serve my purpose.

I’d like to use Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium programs in interface with other programs. For instance, I print a browsed webpage as PDF and then rework the outcome with PDF 9 (Pro). If my browser operates in Windows 7, but my PDF has been installed in XP Mode, would that not create a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with older Adobe software and a current win7 system shows that there are some issues installing the software. But there are non running it.

My try would be to start the setup procedure in XP compatibility mode. The programs would not run in XP mode. But anyhow that would not pose a problem.

My only doubt is, that setup is a very special procedure and may not run under the compatibility mode.

Acrobat is anyhow a problem on current Win7 systems. I know that we had big problems installing this on blank systems, but I cannot remind the solution to that. I know also that installing CS5 under a current win7 system had trouble with the upgrades that are out. That has been solved by manually downloading and upgrading the different programs of the suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information on my case

Error1603.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You find more information on this here:

Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during Adobe Creative Suite installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Feierwoon, thanks for your continued effort to help me. I did try that promising solution, three or four times, but I had no luck. In my original post, I mentioned it in the list of googled sources of advice. Thanks, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A local friend and IT expert has helped solve the problem. Thanks, everyone in this forum, who has been trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy you got a solution. It would be of value to post what the solution was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was purely by trial and error and guess work. At the following

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\sRGBColorSpaceProfile.icm

* Owner was switch to Administrator

* Permissions at the following were switched to “Full control”

* Re-install "Run as Administrator"

Our resolution is less than perfect. One minor issue persists "Adobe flash player 10 ActiveX error 2", but hopefully it does not pose any major issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines