• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors when registering products [CS2 is dead]

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two products: Adobe InDesign v1.0 and Photoshop CS2. They are both registered to me and I have used them on a legacy PC running Windows 7. I need to transfer them onto a new legacy PC.

Adobe no longer recognises my original account login details. I created a new account and I get errors:

For inDesign it doesn't recognise the serial number

For photoshop it says the serial number is already in use.

Is there anything I can do? Although they are old products they were expensive at the time to purchase and I would still like to use them.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Those products are completely dead and may not be activated

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those products are completely dead and may not be activated

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used these products for years and they have been great - I've written a book over many years and it is finally nearing completion. Some years ago I had to set the software up on a legacy laptop running windows 7 but I managed to do that using the CS2 downloads.

However the laptop needs replacing so I have set up another PC which will run windows 7. I thought I could just use the same method but it appears not. I registered the softwares using an adobe account but this is no longer recognised on the adobe login. When I try reregistering them with a new account I get the errors described above. I can't afford to rent the latest versions as they are way too expensive for me. I've still got the manuals, I've got the original disks and even proof of purchase.

The problem is that Adobe have always require registration of these products and I don't know how I can do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've still got the manuals, I've got the original disks and even proof of purchase.

=========

@default7fqikkny1xom,

I'm sorry but that's irrelevant now.  CS2 support ended in 2007.  The aging activation servers failed many years ago and were taken offline forever.  Even if you manage to install the software there is no possible way to activate it. 

I can't afford to rent the latest versions as they are way too expensive for me.

========

Which titles were you using?  Perhaps there are free or low-cost alternatives you can use instead.

Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription required).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the folowing:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines