Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit Code: 105 when installing Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

was updating illustrator and photoshop to CC 2018 when MacBook Pro restarted and interrupted the download and installation.

cannot uninstall or install any applications through creative cloud.

have repaired the creative cloud but did not help.

error when installing is below:

Exit Code: 105

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error in setting package install status sapCode:COCM, version:1.0, package:AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK_1_0-mul, packageVersion:1.0.4

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK_1_0-mul Version: 1.0.4). Error code: '105'

WARN: uninstall xml '' does not exist, treating package 'AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul' as uninstalled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Hi SG%40Kirk,

Sorry that you are having trouble updating your Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to the latest 2018 version as it fails with an error "Exit code 105" , This error Exit Code 105 usually occurs when there is a lack of read and write permissions on hdpim.db file on your machine, to know more about this error see, Creative Cloud download and install errors , I would recommend you correcting the permissions manually on the following location and then retry the installation: /Library

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SG%40Kirk,

Sorry that you are having trouble updating your Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to the latest 2018 version as it fails with an error "Exit code 105" , This error Exit Code 105 usually occurs when there is a lack of read and write permissions on hdpim.db file on your machine, to know more about this error see, Creative Cloud download and install errors , I would recommend you correcting the permissions manually on the following location and then retry the installation: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps , see: macOS Sierra: Set permissions for items on your Mac

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bani Verma,

I am having the same issue with getting the 105 error when trying to install apps. I have uninstalled all the apps and creative cloud to try reinstall, restarted the commuter and checked the permissions and they look all correct. None of these has seemed to solve the issue. I continue being unable to download any of the apps successfully. Do you know any next steps I can take to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem with updating Photoshop 2017 Error code 105. Searched for hdpim.db but is not on my Mac HD. If it is a hidden file how do I see it? Also if I find it how should I set read and write permissions? Thank you, Gerry Beane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GerryBeane the link provided by Bani in message #2 of this discussion gives information on how to adjust file permissions on macOS Sierra.  If you are continuing to face difficulties then I would recommend posting to a new discussion with the specific difficulties that you are facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines