Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit Code: 176, Can't install certain apps after HDD replaced

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I run Windows 10 and Adobe CC on my sdd, but install all of my adobe apps on my hdd. My hdd recently crashed and I replaced it with a new one. Ever since I replaced my hdd, I haven't been able to install Photoshop CC or Illustrator CC on either my SSD or new HDD. All other apps install just fine. I get the same error when attempting to install either programs:

Exit Code: 176

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Can't install to a network location

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 176 error message

WARN: target folder 'E:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\PDF\Settings' does not exist, treating package 'AdobePhotoshop18-en_US_x64' as uninstalled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit Code: 176

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

FATAL: Can't install to a network location

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 176 error message

WARN: target folder 'C:\Users\Jos\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator\21.0.0' does not exist, treating package 'AdobeIllustrator21-Settings' as uninstalled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried removing all Adobe products using the uninstall tool and adobe cc cleaner tool, then reinstalling several times with no luck.

Anyone have similar issues or know how to fix this? Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Hi justin.joson,

Could you please restart your machine once and then install the apps using this direct download link Download Creative Cloud apps

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi justin.joson,

I understand that you are facing issues while installing Photoshop and Illustrator.

If you notice, you get a location with the error.

"WARN: target folder 'E:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\PDF\Settings' does not exist"

Please go to this location E:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 and rename this folder to Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.old

"WARN: target folder 'C:\Users\Jos\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator\21.0.0' does not exist"

Go to this location and rename Adobe Illustrator to Adobe Illustrator.old

Please retry the installation and it should be fine then. let me know if this works or if any further assistance is required. Thanks!

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is those locations don't exist.

1) For photoshop error, I no longer have a drive E:, so that's completely gone and I'm not sure why its targeting that drive/folder when my current install preferences are pointing to my new HDD drive D:.

2) For illustrator when i locate C:\Users\Jos\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\, there is no illustrator folder. It doesn't exist either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Himanshu

I got also the following error due to an Indesign-update:

Exit Code: 145

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeInDesign12AppBase-mul', version:12.1.0.056

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeInDesign12AppBase-mul Version: 12.1.0.056). Error code: '145'

WARN: Destination path is file or already used "/System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBook.framework/AddressBook/Adobe InDesign CC 2017.app"

There is no direct download available yet.

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi justin.joson,

Could you please restart your machine once and then install the apps using this direct download link Download Creative Cloud apps

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I also faced this issue and resolved it with the direct download.

But now Ps is not integrated in the CC-app.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Himanshu,

I downloaded the PhotoShop & Illustrator direct download zip files. When I clicked both Photoshop & Illustrator "Set-up.exe" files from the zip folder, it gave me installer file maybe damaged error. It created the new directories:
C:>Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator CC 2018

C:>Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

C:>Program Files (86) > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (32 Bit)

C:>Program Files (86) > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 (32 Bit)

I tried both 32 bit & 64 bit. All getting the same error.

I moved the folder & Set-up.exe" file from the zip folder to the new directory

C:>Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Restarted the PC, after clicking "Set-up.exe", and it installed like 6%, there is still that 176 error again.
"Sorry, installation failed - We are unable to install Illustrator CC this time. (Error Code: 176)"

My PC has "Program Files" & "Program Files (x86)". There is no 64. Is that the reason why it is failing because there is no installation for 86 bit? Then why I tried the 32 bit, it still failed?

I used to have Photoshop 2017 on my PC. The update to 2018 remove the access to the old 2017. Now I do have Photoshop or Illustrator.

However, my Premiere Pro, Character Animator CC (Beta), Media Encoder CC, and Audition got updated without error. There is something different on the Program Files (x86) directory. There is no directory set for those working apps within the directory. All the files are installed on

C:>Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Audition CC 2018

C:>Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018

C:>Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018

Please help. Thanks & have a great weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error with the same situation.

nothing above worked for me, including install from downloaded files.

needed to uninstall all apps from Windows programs remove and then to install all of them again from Adobe cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well? Anybody from Adobe solved this issue??? For fcuk sakes? I'm paying for this crap to work... And it doesn't. None of the proposed fixes proposed here work.. I'm waiting for the fix to this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this error for the first time while updating to PS CC 2019. This message was clearly incorrect since i do not have a network drive mapped to my PC. After a lot of searching I found a link to the installation log and found that the main Directory was correct and sent the program to Directory C:\Program Files\Adobe etc but Directory2 was directed to F:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers.

I recently built a new PC with C and G drives and migrated all the programs to the C drive. In the prior iteration it also had an F drive. I couldn't find DBHelper which is the source of the path to the F drive and couldn't find anyplace to redirect Directory2 to the C: Drive so I stole 50GB from C and created a new F partition. The installation proceeded with no further problems with CC2019 right under CC2018, 2015 etc..in C:\Program Files\Adobe.

The wierdest part of this is that the new F:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe is empty!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

X:\adobeTemp need to be changed where you place it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines