Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit Code: 184

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code: 184

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 184) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.1.159

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.1.159). Error code: '184'

WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETRA212.tmp\1\Application\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html\PPRO\css\darker\main.css" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Required\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html\PPRO\css\darker\main.css" Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried numerous times to update my photoshop cc software and I keep getting the above message. Please assist.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

I spent a good 6-7 hours on a 184 error today and after support gave up i managed to fix it. Turns out i had a .dll file that was corrupted in one of the Adobe directorys and wouldn't move or delete even if i uninstalled Adobe CC or used the cleaner tool. After i changed the file name to .bak rebooted and deleted the file everything worked as before

Mine was located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\CC.2017 and was called idicon.dll

Hope this can help someone out since support can't se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question and have yet to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a good 6-7 hours on a 184 error today and after support gave up i managed to fix it. Turns out i had a .dll file that was corrupted in one of the Adobe directorys and wouldn't move or delete even if i uninstalled Adobe CC or used the cleaner tool. After i changed the file name to .bak rebooted and deleted the file everything worked as before

Mine was located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\CC.2017 and was called idicon.dll

Hope this can help someone out since support can't seem to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem with incopy 2017. Renamed the idicon.dll to idicon.bak as suggested and it worked. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with InDesign 2017. Renamed idicon.dll to idicon.bak and worked for me as well. Thank you so much emanuelr96213493

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with InCopy 2017 and renaming idicon.dll to idicon.bak as suggested worked. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I too had this issue, but with InCopy 2017 (seems to be going around). I followed your steps exactly and PRESTO! All better. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this I had exactly the same problem with indesign followed your instructions and it was fix straight away.  Thank you!!!  I have problems before with indesign but couldn't remember how I fixed it last time.  What I do remember is that it took me a long time to figure it out and caused me a huge headache.  This was simple easy and headache free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me uninstalling adobe genuine service and then deleting the AdobePhotoshop folder or whatever program your trying to install in program files fixed the issue straight away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines