Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FATAL: Error (Code = 146)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,

I try to install Photoshop using the cc app but keep getting this error message for weeks now! Can someone please give me a solution

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.0.88

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.0.88). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory 'C:\adobeTemp\ETR5515.tmp\1\Application' to 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5'

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Lydiak83121963 were you receiving this error or a different error for the past week?  We just released Photoshop CC 2015.5 today.

The error above indicates that the installer is unable to write to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5.  I would recommend temporarily disabling any anti-virus or security software which may be preventing the installer from moving files from the temporary directory to this location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lydiak83121963 were you receiving this error or a different error for the past week?  We just released Photoshop CC 2015.5 today.

The error above indicates that the installer is unable to write to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5.  I would recommend temporarily disabling any anti-virus or security software which may be preventing the installer from moving files from the temporary directory to this location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens during the update to 2015.5 cc today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification Lydiak83121963.  Perhaps you were receiving similar errors earlier this week?

If temporarily disabling your anti-virus or security software is not resolving the error then you will want to adjust the permissions for C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5.  You can find steps to update the file permissions at Error exit code 6, exit code 7 installing Adobe Creative Cloud .  You are welcome to update this discussion if you have any questions regarding the steps listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and the same error code.  InDesign CC (2015) and Illustrator CC (2015.3) both updated fine.  Photoshop CC (2015.5) returns the same error code.  The other programs were able to create the directories for their installations but Photoshop is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jeff the problem has now been solved by disabling the antivirus program as you said 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you.  Our network policy prevents me from doing that so I guess I will continue with the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lydiak83121963 thanks for the update.  What anti-virus software and version did you disable?

For the new error can you post a screen shot?  You can find details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure Lydiak83121963 are there any additional errors in the installation log for Photoshop CC 2015.5?  Details on how to locate and interpret the installation logs can be found at Troubleshoot CC 2015 log files​.  If you can post any new errors you discover to this discussion it would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I don´t have any antivirus program. How do I solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about premiere pro, I have the same error and after effects and photoshop both updated well. I wouldn't assume my anti-virus programe is causing the problem, but I will try shutting it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a folder called 'Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5' in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5. Installing Photoshop worked fine for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jeff

this solution did not work for me while I was trying to install on a brand new hp laptop running on Windows 10.

however, I did find a solution:

this is the error I had:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeCameraRaw8.0All-x64', version:9.6.0.126

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeCameraRaw8.0All-x64 Version: 9.6.0.126). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory 'C:\adobeTemp\ETR10C3.tmp\3\AdobeCommon_x64' to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so after a lot of trial and error I figured out that the "adobe" folder in this path had a read-only attribute checked (folder right click -> properties).

I unchecked it and it work, finally.

this might also work for other.

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, now I get the following message when opening photshop - The extension com . Adobe preview. loader can not be loaded because it is not signed correctly . What can I do in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same error trying to update Photoshop CC2015.5. I have uninstalled BitDefender and turned off Windows Defender active scan. I am at my wit's end. I even tried uninstalling Photoshop CC 2015 and installing 2015.5. Now I can't even find 2015 to reinstall. Error is as follows:

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.0.88
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.0.88). Error code: '146'
WARN: Failed to move directory 'C:\adobeTemp\ETRAE18.tmp\1\Preference Settings' to 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 Settings'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the same error posted in the log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wdoertell thank your for the details.  I especially appreciate the details regarding the anti-virus software title.  Any trends which can be detected will allow us to work with the software manufacturer directly.

For a next step please try installing the update on a newly created local Administrator account.  You can find details on how to set up a new account at Adobe troubleshooting: Creating an admin account in Windows .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing from the Windows 10 built-in administrator account and received the same message (except, of course, it was C:\Users\Administrator\...). Do I need to mention that on my system "C:\Users" is a junction to "D:\Users"? It shouldn't matter unless the installer routine is somehow bypassing NTFS protocols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wdoertell have you customized the system variables on your Windows 10 installation?  You indicated you have a D:/Users drive?  The error you posted seems to indicate that User folder is still on the C: drive.  Which is correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When one has a junction from "C:\Users" to another folder, say in my case, "D:\Users", the system thinks that "D:\Users" is actually at "C:\Users". All activity directed at "C:\Users" goes to the redirected folder, in this case "D:\Users", but all the data is physically on "D:\Users". SSDs are too small to contain user's programs, OS, and data, so most users who have an SSD put their data on a physical HDD and have a junction from "C:\Users" to their HDD. The command is "MKLINK C:\Users D:\Users /j". It is not at all uncommon. I've never had an install cough over the redirected junction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wdoertell I would recommend working with our support team directly at Contact Customer Care .  If you have customized the location of the User directory then your setup is not like the majority of the individuals in this discussion.

Alternately you are welcome to start a separate discussion and reference this discussion as a reference.  Feel free to send me a link to the discussion or a private message with your case number if you face any additional difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I wouldn't call creating a junction a "customization." If the installation routine executes within the confines of the operating system, it shouldn't even be aware of the junction. Making calls outside the OS, which it should not do, is what may cause problems.

Okay, I manually created the directory 'C:\Users\oerte\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 Settings', disabled Bitdefender Total Security 2016, and when I ran the installer, unchecked "Import previous settings and preferences" and "Remove old version". I received the same error.

Tazinator: I'm not sure I'd call it release day UAT, more like user soak or beta.

UPDATE: When I manually created those directories, I used Windows File Explorer and copied and pasted the directory names. I don't know what prompted me to do so, but when I opened an administrator command prompt, I saw that the directory names had ".5" missing from them, that is instead of "...2015.5" it just had "2015". I renamed them from the command prompt, and when I reran the installer, Photoshop 2015.5 installed correctly. Jeff, you may want to relay this back to your development team. And thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Wdoertell!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines