Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FATAL: Error (Code = 146)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,

I try to install Photoshop using the cc app but keep getting this error message for weeks now! Can someone please give me a solution

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.0.88

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.0.88). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory 'C:\adobeTemp\ETR5515.tmp\1\Application' to 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5'

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Lydiak83121963 were you receiving this error or a different error for the past week?  We just released Photoshop CC 2015.5 today.

The error above indicates that the installer is unable to write to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5.  I would recommend temporarily disabling any anti-virus or security software which may be preventing the installer from moving files from the temporary directory to this location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. updating PS using CC App. I tried to remove the read only from Adobe and PS. It will not let me even though I am administrator. OS is win 10 and as a result CC cannot write the new PS file. Any ideas appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had similar Exit code:146 error.

In my case the solution was to check the destination file. It was broken indeed (windows error 0x80070570 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable). So checking C: drive for errors solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIG thank you to Tazinator, you saved the day. A truck full of beer on its way

For this fix to work, I had to delete the junction I made for the folder.

Damn annoying on the part of Adobe, we should be able to install the damn thing anywhere we want. It worked before, I guess it was simple update, this looks like new install.

Overall, this is travesty on the part of Adobe. You guys need good Quality Assurance team, enough with this waste of time nonsense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had these installation errors as well, turning off the Kaspersky anti-virus software helped. But I have to say, that this is a highly unnecessary (new) error and a temporary threat to some users. I highly suggest to fix this issue ASAP, so that no-one has to fiddle around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit Kaspersky (Defender will be switched off automatically) and the upgrade went up to 35%. Then it failed again and a short message told me, that its impossible to get rid of the older version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2016 Jul 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had adobe support staff take control of my puter yesterday after 1.5 hours still no joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I'm getting in log file

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobeCameraRawProfile8.0All', version:9.6.0.126

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeCameraRawProfile8.0All Version: 9.6.0.126). Error code: '146'

WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETR53C8.tmp\4\SharedApplicationData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\Canon EOS 1000D\Canon EOS 1000D Camera Faithful.dcp" to "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\Canon EOS 1000D\Canon EOS 1000D Camera Faithful.dcp" Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it:)

I had to unhide the ProgramData folder in Cmd prompt then change owner in security tab of

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please help I'm a noob I haven't fixed this it's been weeks I thought I had a virus please I'm still getting error 146 I should have never updated from 12.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a new machine with new installs - no virus protection installed yet.

Getting the same error code.  I tried all the above ideas and none of them work.  This is really annoying - I need Photoshop for work and now can't use it at all, same with After Effects.   InDesign, Premier Pro installed with errors.

Exit Code: 146 -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeCameraRaw8.0All-x64', version:9.6.0.126

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeCameraRaw8.0All-x64 Version: 9.6.0.126). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory 'C:\adobeTemp\ETR463.tmp\3\AdobeCommon_x64\Plug-Ins' to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins' -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and by repeatedly clicking on retry, I was able to manually build the file folder structure so that the install for both Photoshop and After Effects was successful.  Here are the sub folders I created.  Once I did this, both programs installed.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.preview20155\node_modules\lodash\internal

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\com.adobe.preview20155\node_modules\lodash\array

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won´t work, I have tried to stop any security program or antivirus. What can I do?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these damn losers at adobe can´t even write a working installer it´s a joke.

of course i get this error too.....

Gigio Gomez schrieb:

It won´t work, I have tried to stop any security program or antivirus. What can I do?

Thank you

well adobe doesn´t know either. that why you get no answer.

i hate adobe and these script kiddies there.. i really hate them...... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanja2014 did you try the steps listed in the document in message #54 of this discussion?  If so did you have any questions regarding the steps listed to resolve this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I had MacaFee on my system and disabling temporarily worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64', version:17.0.0.88

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop17-Core_x64 Version: 17.0.0.88). Error code: '146'

After so many years as a simple upgrade it is impossible?

Or you have to disable antivirus or create an administrator account to do so. You imagine Microsoft or Apple saying this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a failed photoshop cc install today. It's complaining about registry permissions... Photoshop cc updates have happened without issue for the last 18 months on this machine, so permissions etc have been fine for that long.... What changed... Mine is a completely vanilla install.

I've double checked file/folder permissions on all the relevant folders right the way down, i tried creating the appdata folder by hand - nada.

Anyone from adobe got a clue here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this problem today trying to update PS.  Disabling Malwarebytes while it updated allowed the file to be moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines