• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Archive is Missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty poor at anything IT based but thought I would be ok downloading and using Photoshop elements 12. However, everytime I try to download and run Elements 12 I get a message telling me 'file archive part is missing' - what do I need to do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

you probably forgot to download both files if you're a windows user and downloaded from prodesigntools.com:

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably forgot to download both files if you're a windows user and downloaded from prodesigntools.com:

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but I downloaded straight from the Adobe site itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem, along with a message I get asking which program do I want to use to open a .7z program.  ??

I've struggled with it for a couple of weeks because I can usually work through any downloading glitches but not this time.  Ugh.  Looking forward to finding a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that too! I have no idea what is going on with it at all. Starting to think there is no answer. Slightly glad it is not just me making a clearly stupid error though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't click on or explicitly extract the files from adobe's .7z files. 

7z files from adobe are part of two (or more) files used to install adobe programs which always includes an exe that you click and which (if the 7z file is in the same directory) extracts the resources (from the 7z file) needed for installation.

you can get both files from the link i posted (which uses adobe's servers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link but it doesn't work on mine.

To the person experiencing the same problem as me... I think you have possibly tried this already, but I have just downloaded the trial version of Elements 12 and it gave me a download wizard and asked if I had a serial number or wanted to install the trial. I added my serial number and I appear to have installed the full non trial version of Elements 12. Not sure if it is a fluke or I have managed to cheat and luck my way through it...but I am happy to go with it (just hope it doesn't vanish after the thirty days!) Hope this works for you too Keeping my fingers crossed I have done it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for anybody else checking this thread, the link works fine but you have to follow the instructions. 

in particular, if you have a problem downloading, you didn't follow all 7 steps, or your browser does not accept cookies. 

the most common problem is caused by failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from adobe.com). 

failure to obtain that cookie results in an error page being displayed after clicking a link on prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I was downloading an old version of Premiere Elements 12 that I have on a newer computer and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Your link and advice below to also download the .7z file along with the .exe file (and to save them to the same folder) worked! thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Tonya270582510t43, you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! We have some exciting news for you. This is one of the best slot games I've ever played.
You can have fun while winning prizes and earning more promotions and rewards.
Let's have some fun in fachai9 online slots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines