Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GDPR article 17 (deletion) complaint

Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to delete my Adobe account/profile. I requested this through Adobe Privacy Center . I received a promising e-mail explaining that all my data would disappear, and I should download everything I wanted to keep, and then respond to the e-mail stating "I AGREE". I did all of that, and then I received an e-mail explaining that Adobe had now processed my request to cancel subscription, and that my account was therefore turned into a free account with basic functionality only.

However, that is not what I requested. I asked for the deletion of all my personal data according to GDPR article 17.

I am chatting with Adobe Support now, but I am doubtful that I am getting anywhere. And the support guy said it was now taken care of and that I would receive an e-mail conformation. However, that e-mail just stated that Adobe had received my request, but that they needed more information. However, the e-mail does not state WHAT information they need.

I would like to know, do other people have problems getting their account deleted according to GDPR? If so, I would like to get in touch, and maybe we can coordinate a common complaint to the relevant Data Privacy Authorities.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still working pretty hard to get Adobe to delete my account in accordance with GDPR. It seems every time I ask for DELETION of the account, I received an e-mail stating that my subscriptions has been cancelled, and then support case closed. I explain again and again that I ask for deletion, and I have probably spent two hours with the support people on chat.

I am thinking, this must also be quite expensive for Adobe, to have support people chatting with me >2 hours to accomplish something that should have been solved by a button in the "My account" page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your request has been forwarded to staff. But please don't expect something to happen on the weekend. It might happen, but please don't expect it.

On the forums we are at least 95% not staff and we can't do anything about your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Thanks for looking into this.

I had yet another session with chat support yesterday. This culminated in the following e-mail confirmation:

Your case is now closed. Your closed case details are as follows:

• Case number: ADB-6209207-K9N8
  • Issue: Perpetual License Inquiry

So yet again Adobe responds to my deletion requests by confirming that my subscriptions are cancelled, and then closes the support request. The first time Adobe confirmed this was e-mail of 26. feb., 00:03. Therefore I have no idea why Adobe continues to confirm that my deletion request has caused them to now cancel subscriptions.

This is starting to become somewhat frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www435456  wrote

Therefore I have no idea why Adobe continues to confirm that my deletion request has caused them to now cancel subscriptions.

Because basically the support agent does not understand your legitim request. We have escalated the case and an Adobe staff member will contact you soon. FYI: Adobe staff bears the STAFF banner and has an Adobe logo appended to their name.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lucien,

I will escalate this to the concerned team & update you as soon as they respond. It might take some time, please excuse the delay.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines