• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

had to get new paid account due to moving countries, same computer, install problems - loop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody at this forum!

Since I'm not too familiar with this forum thing, I figured I just start talking bout my problem and hope that somebody here knows what I'm talking about.

As the title says. I moved from NZ to Germany. The credit card I got here unfortunately doesn't work with my old NZ account, because of Country code restrictions.

The help-line told me to set up a new account in Germany. So I did set up a new, paid (photoshop/lightroom) account on the same computer I took with me to Germany. That means the old creative cloud installation is still on it. I don't know if that would matter, but for some reason I cant install/open Illustrator (which I had paid for previously too) and renew its validity. Photoshop worked after filling in my credit card info on the german adobe website.

Problem: I try to install Illustrator through the Adobe site + through the CCmenu on my mac desktop. The Illustrator app is already installed and it got updated. Once the app icon is bouncing in the dock, the app "PDapp" opens up and flicks through two screens real quick and shows me a blank pre-loader window with "Pplease wait for a moment..." written on top of it. This will never stop loading and the app won't be installed.

I confirmed my email and I'm not sure if I just forgot something or if there is a solution to my install problem. Maybe uninstall my old New Zealand cc before setting up my comp with he new account?

So my question is: How to install german cc apps on the same computer wich holds all the files of my former new zealand cc account?

Thanks for your help
Pete

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

FIXED it...

I didn't do much but it works now.

What happened was: Even though I uninstalled the entire CC package and all Adobe products according to aboves advice, somehow the illustrator specific login window (when opening app) had still my old email written into the login tab. The problem was that this login tab wasnt visible long enough to even properly see it. It was replaced instantly with a white preload page and a 'please wait...' text. It would then loop forever.

I tried and opened it agai

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and sign in with your new (german) adobe id/password/account

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

[moved from Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to Creative Cloud Download & Install]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I followed every step, as well as doing the reboot, but when trying to open Illustrator it still gets stuck at the "PDapp" screen, saying "Please wait for a moment..."
(After cleaning all the CC files out, I saw there still was the PS Icon in the doc. Does this indicate my machine wasn't fully cleared of all CC files?)

And I just opened Lightroom and if still shows me the contents of my old account. Is this supposed to be happen? And where are my files, patterns, shapes and so on, supposed to be on my OSX? I now got three CC folders in my home directory. One is named "Creative Cloud Files (archived) (1)" which has an active folder icon, but is empty, then another one called "Creative Cloud Files (archived) (2)", which is too empty and inactive, and another one called <Email removed by moderator> Creative Cloud Files", which holds my created files, but no assets I created on the mobile app.

On my mac I also find the following folder in my pictures folder: "Lightroom" and "Lightroom Masters"(empty).  In Lightroom I gor a bunch of .lrdata, .lrcat.lock, .lrcat-journal files...

Also, how do I need to proceed with my mobile apps on my iphone? I just changed the CC mobile login in the ccapp, which left the lightroom app still logged in to my old account. Im afraid of logging into my new account with it lightroom now, since I dont want to lose any of my files. Any advice on how to backup my old data properly?

I basically would like to have one directory on my Mac with my old stuff, and one with my new account stuff. Then I'd like to use some of my old files in the new CC environment, saving them in the dew directory.
On my iphone I'm ok with only having the new stuff on it, unless there  is a way to access both libraries with my new account.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED it...

I didn't do much but it works now.

What happened was: Even though I uninstalled the entire CC package and all Adobe products according to aboves advice, somehow the illustrator specific login window (when opening app) had still my old email written into the login tab. The problem was that this login tab wasnt visible long enough to even properly see it. It was replaced instantly with a white preload page and a 'please wait...' text. It would then loop forever.

I tried and opened it again and while it was opening I cmd+opt+esc terminated the task. Next time I started the login screen still had my old email in it, but it wasn't replaced by the preloader, hence I was able to fill in my new account details. It then started up normally and I even got my 7 day trial.

Thanks for your help anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines