• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Harddrive failed, and now I can't get PS back.

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe CS5 Student Edition in the summer of 2010. It's been over a year now, but we have since married, and had to move across the country twice with the military. I know I had the software packed up in a certain box, but the movers actually repacked some of our belongings without my knowledge. I was unaware that my software was missing until about a month ago - my harddrive randomly crashed and I lost everything. I took it in the be replaced, and had to wait almost a month before getting it back to seek advice. I have the email proof of purchases where I completed the student licensing process to receive my serial numbers - I also have the coupon codes and email receipt from my purchase. I tried to download the software directly from Adobe and use my serial number, but it gives me the red cross and says that it is invalid for that product. I also tried restoring the software from my backup harddrive and received the same error. I'm kind of lost as to what to do next - especially since it's a student license. We really can't afford to make another big purchase like this, so I'm hoping there is some easy fix that I am over-looking. 😐

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5.5 is not CS5, so the number being invalid is perfectly normal. Read on how to obtain the correct CS5 versions. Whether or not turning a trioal into a full version works with edu versions, I can't tell, though. It definitely does with commercial full versions....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! To be honest, and maybe because I haven't paid enough attention, I didn't even register the CS5 versus CS5.5. I'm starting the downloads now to see if it will work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing. My CS5 SN is for the Design Standard - All I found on there was Design Premium and PS, so I tried it and got this:

"This serial number is not valid for this product."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Csandralea, I would recommend contacting our support representatives at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/.  We no longer have Creative Suite 5 Design Standard available in physical media but our customer service team may be able to allow you to download a copy.  They will need to look at your account though to see the available options depending on how you purchased Creative Suite 5 Design Standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines