• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with activation of PhotoshopCC on new computer

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had PhotoshopCC installed on 2 machines and bought a new computer.

I have downloaded and installed CC onto my new computer.

I then uninstalled PhotoshopCC from my old machine and attempted to open PhotoshopCC on the new computer. But the activation failed because it said I was already activated on two computers. I clicked the radio button that said I'd already signed out of one of them, but it still won't let me activate PS on the new computer.

How do I deactivate PSCC from one of my old machines now that I've already uninstalled it from that machine? Other threads have suggested I "sign out" and sign back in to Adobe. I've done that from my old machine. I can't find anything in my Adobe account that allows me to deactivate anything. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

contact adobe support and request an activation count reset, http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support and request an activation count reset, http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad, thanks for the reply but it didn't address my issue at all, which was how to deactivate CC after I had uninstalled it.

Here is the answer, for anyone else having this problem:

"http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html#deactivate-p..."

It is Adobe's page explaining the activation/deactivation process for all of their PS versions, including what to do if you mistakenly uninstall before you deactivate (which I had done). It really has nothing to do with resetting the "count", which is another issue. This link should be posted someplace in this forum, in the FAQ or something!! It took me a lot of frustrated digging to find it.

I have been a PS user since 1996 with PS3, have maintained all my upgrades, and the activation/deactivation process with CC is completely different from all other versions. Nowhere was this info on Adobe's FAQ webpage when they were making their promotional offer last fall. I was totally unaware that I could install PS on 3 machines and simply sign out on one of them before signing in on another. My problem had a simple fix that involved downloading and installing CC over again on my old machine, then signing out. Then signing in on my new machine. I didn't have to uninstall from the old machine at all. Time consuming fix, but simple.

I think this info with the above link should be more "up front" and not just buried on Adobe's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, i did address your issue:  i offered the quickest easiest solution, not the only one.

in fact, in addition to what you did, you can install on any third computer (not necessarily your old one) and when trying to sign in to your cc account, you will be offered the option of signing out from your other two computers.

p.s.  all info on adobe's web site is buried.  i can't think of anything that's easy to find unless you use the correct key words and google what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand your info. I'd tried to chat but everything was busy. I guess Adobe Help was just swamped. I just didn't know I could install on a third computer or what the procedure was! I finally hit on the right keyword on Adobe's search function.

Thanks for your replies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, chat is only tolerable if you have multiple tabs/windows/apps open and can do something else while waiting, but it's still better than phone (imo).

anyway, glad you got that activation issue sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually I am facing this error on my website. That is hosted on wordpresss. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same isse. I have login the premium version in my old laptop. Now I have change the laptop but unable to login it . Please suggest me some good way to login again in my new laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines