• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Re-Activation CS3 on New Mac Book Pro

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old "vintage" 2009 Mac Book Pro died. I have just got a new Mac Book Pro and reinstalled everything off my Back Up Drive.

PROBLEM: Photoshop and InDesign require Re-Activation but it won't let me do it. I have been on a Live Chat with Adobe representative who said they can't help me as my version is so old but they can see my details and it's all active and good for another 4 usages on other machines and to go to the Forum for help because they refuse to help me. I only have 4 days to Activate. When I click Phone Activation I get a message from Adobe saying they no longer support Phone Activation on the phone it's all on line. Except I can't do it on line. It's deploying my Serial No. Activation No. and Activation Repair type 161:41.

PLEASE can someone help me reactive my CS3 Photoshop and Indesign as no one at Adobe will help me.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... others users in an open forum may NOT help with activation issues... only Adobe has access to the activation process

Serial number and activation support (non-CC) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2041990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on 2 x Live Chats with Adobe Representatives and they said that they cannot help me and I must go on Forum as CS3 is not supported by Telephone. It is only a Re-Activation problem. They say they can see from my account and serial number everything should work but I need to go on Forum to get help as they can't and won'r help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those chat people are reading from a script, and that script is WRONG

Only Adobe may help with an activation issue... not some random forum member who reads here... I am a Moderator, and I do not have access to the Adobe activation server... it MUST be an employee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John

I spoke to 2 x Chat Adobe people for over 20 minutes each respectively. At the end of the Chat they said "we can't help you" your problem can only be supported on line Forums! The first even rather unhelpfully told me I could just purchase Creative Cloud! 

I am happy to report after searching online Google took me to a bunch of people who ALLl had the east SAME issue with Adobe and Re-Activation - failed Live Chat help, no help over the telephone etc. So I took their advice and I went into my Hosts file and deleted all the links to Adobe and then re-activated Adobe CS3 It's all working like a dream now. 

Thanks for your response.

China

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about that,but John is right. If it is an activation problem, this can only be solved by Adobe. Adobe should be able to allow you to activate any product that needs activation. Your problem is, that you could not deactivate because the computer does not work any more. At least on my Windows PC, there are no references to Adobe in the hosts file. If there are references, and they are not pointing to the correct internet site, then activation cannot take place. This is effectively NOT an activation and an Adobe problem, but a computer configuration problem. In short, the hosts file should be empty of any entries except you specifically know what you do. This said, some spy-ware protection programs fill the hosts file with data to protect you from malicious sites, which is what you want. A real existing Adobe site should not be part of those entries.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines