• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Here's how Adobe works. Blocked serial number Adobe Creative Suite CS6

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the original CS6 package a long time ago. The seller even talked to Adobe about whether the serial number of this software is okay (I have the transcripts). Then everything was fine. After five years, however, Adobe blocked my number. After talking to them and handing over the proof of purchase and transcript, they admitted that they would give me a new number. Now, again after five years, the number they gave me was blocked. They say that the number they gave me cannot be used in Europe. Somehow, for five years, it was able to be used. When they gave me my number, they knew I was from Europe. The number was legally registered five years ago. Now they dismiss me and don't respond to my emails. And it's not true that Adobe doesn't communicate via e-mails (someone wrote that somewhere on the forum). The chat person sent me an email and I replied to it. I also know that Adobe employees read the forum.

In this way, they are trying to force me into a cloud that I don't need. The CS6 package is enough for me. The company I work for also uses this package, so it wouldn't be beneficial for me to switch to the cloud anyway.

Please don't send me to the chat because they are just ignoring me.

You're unprofessional, because the CS6 package was supposed to be for life, and you're slowly blocking everyone's numbers. Could I easily register a serial number that was fake (as Adobe claims) with Adobe? The answer is no, because such numbers could not be registered.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email is not a valid way to initiate adobe contact.  there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to jest ciekawe, bo kontaktowałem się przez czat i to osoba z czatu wysłała mi maila, na który odpowiedziałem. Powiedziano mi, żebym wysłał potwierdzenie numeru e-mailem. Otrzymałem również e-mailem numer sprawy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like i said, you can't use email to initiate contact with adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Life of the software" does not mean "forever software."  Sorry.  Every software reaches it's end of life eventually.   And Creative Suite is no exception. Most modern devices can't support 10+ year old software anymore. 

Did the seller submit a transfer of license request to Adobe prior to the purchase?  If not, you don't own anything.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The seler did not register this software, but contacted Adobe via chat. He would then check that the serial number was correct and that he could resell it, and Adobe confirmed that everything was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait. if this was not sold new to you, did the seller have a valid license transfer specifying you as the license recipient?

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software was not registered, it was new. In this case, there was no need to transfer the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought legally with an invoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would the seller contact adobe to check the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more of a question for him but with this, I have proof that the serial number from this software was legal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's suspect.  that doesn't mean i know something illegal occurred, but it does raise the question why they would check that.  ie, a licensed reseller would have no reason to do that.

further, you could have purchased a legal license, but if that vendor sold the same serial number to someone else, that serial number would be invalidated when adobe made the discovery that the same single user license was being used by two different people.

if that discovery occurred 10 years after your purchase, the invalidation would occur 10 years after your purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything suspicious about that. Perhaps the vendor already had some issues with Adobe with earlier versions, or maybe customers have asked for it. I also met with a person who bought Adobe software from a vendor who was listed on Adobe's website as licensed and whose number was also blocked.

As for the resale by the seller, it is probably not that easy, because the original product has to be registered on the Adobe website. If someone bought an already registered number, they would not be able to register it on the site. That's how it is now and that's how it used to be, nothing has changed.

As I have already written, after 5 years my number was blocked from my software. But then, when I sent proof of purchase and a transcript from a chat from Adobe that the show was legitimate, I was given a new number.

Now another 5 years have passed and the number that Adobe gave me has been blocked again. This number was also registered on Adobe's website, and for five years no one claimed that it was a bad region.

During these 5 years I reinstalled the package a few times and then there was no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

registration was never necessary.  and it was not unusual for vendors to purchase, from adobe, enterprise licenses and then "over-distribute" them causing later serial number revocation.

however, a serial number supplied by adobe should be valid ad long as it's not shared with anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I installed the software, I had to log in to my account. I don't remember if there was a feature with the phone. I couldn't use the full version without logging in. Like now, I use trial because the software requires me to enter my number and log in to my account.

Of course, the key was not given to anyone. The problem is that Adobe says I'm using it illegally right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what log in prompt you are/were seeing.  there is/was an optional registration prompt, but i'm not sure that's what your seeing.

also , if you're using a computer that once had (or still has cc) cc installed, you'll see a prompt to sign into cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the message I've always gotten. Otherwise, I won't be able to run the full version of CS6. I have to log in and then enter my number.

licencja.jpg

licencja1.jpg

I've never installed CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did adobe say you were using an enterprise license?  (not that i'm saying you are.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember that with CS6 there was a distinction between a company license and a personal license, as it is now in CC. Anyway, when I was buying the package, I thought that I would have my own company, unfortunately everything turned out differently and now I only do something for clients from time to time, but these are sporadic jobs so CC is completely not worth it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@editb31393992,

If you don't need pro-level tools, you can get low or no cost equivalents from other makers. They may not be as good as Adobe Creative Cloud apps but they'll do in a pinch.

The main issue with 10+ year old software is compatiblity with modern tools & equipment.  The second issue is security & support.  Legacy software isn't updated nor is it supported.  You use it at your own risk.  So there's that to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe released software and it didn't say it was only for a while. On the contrary, it was advertised that you buy once and you can use it for life. Buying it legally, I shouldn't have any problems using it from Adobe.

There are no problems with this software running on new hardware.

I can't replace it with anything replaceable, because the company I work for still uses CS6.

I don't think Adobe should force me to switch to CC. It's about the way Adobe works. If I once spent a lot of money and I was supposed to be able to use the package for life, I expect it to be so. As long as the equipment actually allows me to do so. It shouldn't be up to Adobe to decide whether or not I stop using a particular software. I should decide for myself, but not in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the EULAs.  They paint a different picture.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms/licenses-terms-archive.html 

A perpetual license doesn't mean "forever software."   All software has an "End of Life."  Unless you purchased extended support in a Gold Plan, your software support ended a long time ago.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/adobe-support-policies-supported-product-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with pre-cc adobe apps , there were enterprise licenses, as well as, individual licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the nth time I've seen you making the same false arguments.
The license agreement signed digitally when CS6 is installed clearly states that the period of validity of the license is perpetual.

in the case of a perpetual license, the customer acquires ownership of the copy of the software delivered, which he may use for an unlimited period of time. A perpetual license is thus equivalent to a sale. Unlike a subscription-based license, a perpetual license is not time-limited: it transfers ownership of a copy of the software in return for payment of a price, and this transfer carries with it the unlimited right of use associated with this copy of the software.

According to the Court of Justice of the European Union, a perpetual license is therefore nothing more than a contract for the sale of a physical or dematerialized copy of a software program and the accessories that go with it, including the right of use.

The license therefore confers on the licensee a definitive right to use the copy of software delivered to him/her, which cannot be contested by the publisher.

Once the licensee has paid the agreed price for the license, the sale is definitive and can no longer be contested. By its very nature, a transfer of ownership contract cannot be terminated. Indeed, it is only possible to terminate a contract with a fixed term.

There isn't one law for Adobe and one law for the rest of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After talking to them and handing over the proof of purchase and transcript, they admitted that they would give me a new number. Now, again after five years, the number they gave me was blocked. They say that the number they gave me cannot be used in Europe. 

By @editb31393992

Is "they" Adobe or someone else?

Serial numbers are linked to the installer you have, several installer can not be acquired in Europe/Asia/Americas. They are also linked to the type of software: educational or retail, standalone product or suite. So the correct installer with the correct seial number is needed. 

If a serial number hits the black market, it gets invalidated.

Now they dismiss me and don't respond to my emails. And it's not true that Adobe doesn't communicate via e-mails (someone wrote that somewhere on the forum). The chat person sent me an email and I replied to it. I also know that Adobe employees read the forum.

By @editb31393992

You are confounding initiating a communication and follow-ups. Whatever e-mail you have, can only be used when you are told to use that mail address, If the mail address is that from 5 years ago, it may be no more valid.  There is no support e-mail and the only official ways to communicate with Adobe support are chat and Twitter. There are people reporting also some Facebook channels, but they are not officialy published, so we can't tell you to use them, as we do not know if they work as expected.

Adobe employees read the fora, but it is not guaranteed that your precise message gets read or when they notice it, if they pick it up. Reading the fora is done in their "free" time, with a few exceptions.

In this way, they are trying to force me into a cloud that I don't need. The CS6 package is enough for me. The company I work for also uses this package, so it wouldn't be beneficial for me to switch to the cloud anyway.

By @editb31393992

Professionals should abandon old software and upgrade. The productivity gain is worth the fees. I bet, the computers are of a newer generation, the OS has been upgraded, and other productivity tools too. If they are still working with CS6, then they are not professionals in this field. 

You're unprofessional, because the CS6 package was supposed to be for life, and you're slowly blocking everyone's numbers. Could I easily register a serial number that was fake (as Adobe claims) with Adobe? The answer is no, because such numbers could not be registered.

By @editb31393992

We are fellow users of the software and most of us are professionals. Some of us still have CS6 lying around somewhere (I have CS5 lying around somewhere), but we do not use those software anymore, as we would not, or only with hurdles, be able to exchange data with other users. Those using Macs can not use the software anymore, because Apple does not run old software on new machines.

Now to your problems with getting twice your serial numbers revoked: I do not know, how this can happen, when you buy at official channels. And I do not know, how an officially, by Adobe issued serial number, should not be valid in Europe. Nobody here can comment on that, and nobody here can help you with that. We even can't be sure that the serial number has been revoked or that the software stopped working, because you installed some software incompatible with the older CS6.

Anyhow, this forum cannot be of help, as we can't solution your problem. It may be that a friendly Adobe employee jumps in, and can help, but the only official way to contact Adobe support is the way as published on Adobe's support site. You may try out other roads, like Facebook, but there is no guarantee that this works out for you.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines