• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Here's how Adobe works. Blocked serial number Adobe Creative Suite CS6

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the original CS6 package a long time ago. The seller even talked to Adobe about whether the serial number of this software is okay (I have the transcripts). Then everything was fine. After five years, however, Adobe blocked my number. After talking to them and handing over the proof of purchase and transcript, they admitted that they would give me a new number. Now, again after five years, the number they gave me was blocked. They say that the number they gave me cannot be used in Europe. Somehow, for five years, it was able to be used. When they gave me my number, they knew I was from Europe. The number was legally registered five years ago. Now they dismiss me and don't respond to my emails. And it's not true that Adobe doesn't communicate via e-mails (someone wrote that somewhere on the forum). The chat person sent me an email and I replied to it. I also know that Adobe employees read the forum.

In this way, they are trying to force me into a cloud that I don't need. The CS6 package is enough for me. The company I work for also uses this package, so it wouldn't be beneficial for me to switch to the cloud anyway.

Please don't send me to the chat because they are just ignoring me.

You're unprofessional, because the CS6 package was supposed to be for life, and you're slowly blocking everyone's numbers. Could I easily register a serial number that was fake (as Adobe claims) with Adobe? The answer is no, because such numbers could not be registered.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After talking to them and handing over the proof of purchase and transcript, they admitted that they would give me a new number. Now, again after five years, the number they gave me was blocked. They say that the number they gave me cannot be used in Europe. 

By @editb31393992

Is "they" Adobe or someone else?

Yes, Adobe gave me that number.

Serial numbers are linked to the installer you have, several installer can not be acquired in Europe/Asia/Americas. They are also linked to the type of software: educational or retail, standalone product or suite. So the correct installer with the correct seial number is needed. 

If a serial number hits the black market, it gets invalidated.

So you're suggesting that if I have legal software that I paid for, Adobe can take it away from me with impunity because someone used my number?

Now they dismiss me and don't respond to my emails. And it's not true that Adobe doesn't communicate via e-mails (someone wrote that somewhere on the forum). The chat person sent me an email and I replied to it. I also know that Adobe employees read the forum.

By @editb31393992

You are confounding initiating a communication and follow-ups. Whatever e-mail you have, can only be used when you are told to use that mail address, If the mail address is that from 5 years ago, it may be no more valid.  There is no support e-mail and the only official ways to communicate with Adobe support are chat and Twitter. There are people reporting also some Facebook channels, but they are not officialy published, so we can't tell you to use them, as we do not know if they work as expected.

I've been in touch with Adobe via chat and now I've been assigned a case number. I don't use an email from 5 years ago.

Adobe employees read the fora, but it is not guaranteed that your precise message gets read or when they notice it, if they pick it up. Reading the fora is done in their "free" time, with a few exceptions.

In this way, they are trying to force me into a cloud that I don't need. The CS6 package is enough for me. The company I work for also uses this package, so it wouldn't be beneficial for me to switch to the cloud anyway.

By @editb31393992

Professionals should abandon old software and upgrade. The productivity gain is worth the fees. I bet, the computers are of a newer generation, the OS has been upgraded, and other productivity tools too. If they are still working with CS6, then they are not professionals in this field. 

Sorry, but I guess it's not Adobe's business whether I want to use CS6 or the cloud. I need CS6, which I legally bought. They shouldn't be imposing a cloud on me, and that's what it looks like. They tell me that I have the wrong number that Adobe gave me and offer to buy the cloud

You're unprofessional, because the CS6 package was supposed to be for life, and you're slowly blocking everyone's numbers. Could I easily register a serial number that was fake (as Adobe claims) with Adobe? The answer is no, because such numbers could not be registered.

By @editb31393992

We are fellow users of the software and most of us are professionals. Some of us still have CS6 lying around somewhere (I have CS5 lying around somewhere), but we do not use those software anymore, as we would not, or only with hurdles, be able to exchange data with other users. Those using Macs can not use the software anymore, because Apple does not run old software on new machines.

I don't own a company and I bought this software for myself. It is sufficient for me and there is no problem with handling on new equipment.

Now to your problems with getting twice your serial numbers revoked: I do not know, how this can happen, when you buy at official channels. And I do not know, how an officially, by Adobe issued serial number, should not be valid in Europe. Nobody here can comment on that, and nobody here can help you with that. We even can't be sure that the serial number has been revoked or that the software stopped working, because you installed some software incompatible with the older CS6.

Anyhow, this forum cannot be of help, as we can't solution your problem. It may be that a friendly Adobe employee jumps in, and can help, but the only official way to contact Adobe support is the way as published on Adobe's support site. You may try out other roads, like Facebook, but there is no guarantee that this works out for you.

Support is ignoring me.

By @Abambo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are answering a thread entry, and you are quoting someone, you should make sure that your quotes and my entries are clearly separated. I won't check your answer to try to dissect what is yours and what is my text. If I can't do it easily, do not expect others to do it easily. 

I'm always astonished why people are angry because they buy new hardware, and they expect that their old software they have paid for to run on the old hardware (that they have paid for) does not want to run on the new hardware and new OS, that they have paid for.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Only after sending it turned out that everything was gray except for one answer. I don't know why, but until now I didn't have the ability to edit what I sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've corrected that post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Only after sending it turned out that everything was gray except for one answer. I don't know why, but until now I didn't have the ability to edit what I sent.

By @editb31393992

Your account here got upgraded to add this functionality. New accounts can't edit their posts.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@editb31393992,

Old software might be OK for amateurs & hobbyists to use but not legitimate businesses.  If they're too cheap to upgrade systems, I wonder what other areas are deficient?  Perhaps it's time to find a new job that offers better pay.

In any case, fellow product users in this user-to-user community can't help you with legacy software.

Goodbye & best of luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After five years, however, Adobe blocked my number. After talking to them and handing over the proof of purchase and transcript, they admitted that they would give me a new number. Now, again after five years, the number they gave me was blocked.

You're unprofessional

By @editb31393992

Do you understand that you are talking to volunteers on a public forum who cannot access your records? Volunteers also cannot override anything Adobe tells you.

We don't have any way to know if you have a legal copy or if you accidentally purchased a pirated copy. We cannot see your records.

You have been told several times to contact Adobe Customer Care and told how. You have to do this since you still have questions. This time, get a case number at the start of the call and ask for Tier 2 support.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@editb31393992 

try to not get upset by anything any of us post.  none of our opinions have any impact on adobe, though it's pretty understandable why being told to do things you've already done would be aggregating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unlocked. not sure who locked or why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem for you. I'm more annoyed by Adobe's behavior, especially ignoring my emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration. I spent a good bit of time on a chat with an Adobe rep because apparently, Adobe is now going onto people's computers and deciding whether the CS6 version they are running is "non genuine" (the chat rep's term). I gave him my serial number, he confirmed it was legit-- and then told me I had to reinstall all my software or the pop-up threats Adobe is running on my computer will not go away. 

Are others appalled that Adobe is going in and searching peoples' computers to find what is being run, and then activating a popup window that threatens to "disable" the software? You cannot close this window until you click on the link that takes you to their sales page. If you don’t purchase a cloud subscription, the invasion repeats.

I am assuming that, when the tech person who helped me install my CS6 over 10 years ago entered the serial number, he got something wrong...? And Adobe has gone into my system to find the (incorrect?) serial number?? 
Adobe tells me I will have to correct their wrong evaluation by going through major time and effort to reinstall everything, reset up all my preferences, windows, tools, etc. etc. When I asked why I couldn't just access and correct the serial #, the rep tried to push me to a subscription. I explained I wasn't a business, was there seriously nothing that could be done at Adobe's end to stop the harrassment? He ended the chat.

I get it-- Adobe isn't interested in spending any effort on an old customer who isn’t going to make them more money. Those who are happily using their decade-or-more legitimately purchase software (I use mine to do volunteer community work) are throwaways in the effort to catch pirates and increase the Adobe bottom line.

But seriously? Is no one else creeped out by Adobe invading their personal computers???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one invades your computer without your permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same thing, after 8 years. Cs6 Works fine with a new system, on a new computer. If you don't need fancy new features, just basic photo or illustration editing, you don't need to buy a subscription for this. Comments like - find a better job so you can afford CC should be deleted.
I paid for the program I use and it is sufficient for me, and I use it occasionally - 1-3 times a month, not commercially, I do not make money from it. I used... Because Adobe canceled my subscription and encourages me to buy a CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly won't bring any fans to Adobe. That's why I personally use and encourage an alternative - affinity from serif
I paid 1000E in 2015 for CS6 which I can't use.
As of today, Affinity is almost 5x cheaper.
And if you look carefully, Adobe CS6 can still be purchased for less than EUR 500 and Adobe has no problem with such sellers, it just picks on the end customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CS6 can still be purchased for less than EUR 500 and Adobe has no problem with such sellers,.

By @GRZEGORZ28908489jykl

CS6 is no longer being sold legally. The pirated copies are likely to not work at all, to stop working, and/or to contain malware. The sellers can be reported to Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/security/alertus.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I know this, but will a person unfamiliar with the subject have this knowledge?
Adobe has a special team to prevent piracy.
They can check for themselves which stores sell illegal software and demand compensation.
But for now, they are blocking the software after years for private users who have paid for licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paying for pirated software and then having your license revoked, doesn't generate sympathy, especially if you're aware of the risk.

otoh, if you purchased from adobe, there have a number of reports of adobe correcting their error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the software in a store from an authorized seller. 8 years ago. I have papers, certificate number, order number, etc. The seller assures that the software is legal. So what do I have to say?
I had to buy the software legally, because it was for the company and received government subsidies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GRZEGORZ28908489jykl 

i don't know.  what did adobe say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they say my CS6 serial number is just an upgrade from CS5, and quote:"We would like to inform you that the CS5 serial number is registered to a different user and the CS6 serial number expired due to piracy. The serial number will not be reactivated or replaced.

We see that you are already subscribed for Acrobat Pro, if you would like to upgrade your Acrobat Pro subscription to Creative Cloud All Apps, then we can help you with the best promo price with free months on the same"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I was deceived. But why am I finding out about this after so many years? After purchase, the program was registered on the Adobe Account website without any problems. If I had received the information, I don't know, a year later, I could have filed a complaint and demanded a refund. After eight years, it is strange that the store is still operating even though it sells illegal copies of the software. And there is no question of refund or compensation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's possible the license you purchased was legitimate.  but then some time after you purchased, the vendor sold the same license again. and some time after that adobe detected two (or more) users in different locations using the same license simultaneously (thereby triggering the license revocation).

all the above is just one possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe some crack generator just generated this code? Why is the person who purchased the software legally and paid quite a lot of money the injured party? Adobe doesn't care whether you have an invoice or other evidence, they just withdraw your license and that's it. They only offer CC, which is too expensive for an individual user in our country.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@editb31393992 

you can only be sure you purchased legally, if you purchased from adobe.  did you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GRZEGORZ28908489jykl,

At most, CS6 had a shelf-life of 3-5 years and it came out in 2012.  😮 

Upgrades are essential for security & compatibility reasons.  It's fair to say, you got more than your money's worth and really have nothing to complain about.  It's passed time for new software.  Adobe plan options are desribed below.

Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements (no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB)
  • Free upgrades for as long as you remain a subscriber.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month). Mobile & web-based graphics & video apps for social media content creators.
https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud ALL Apps (20 + pro desktop, mobile & web apps) or Single App Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines