Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrible experience cancelling account

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Animate from time to time.

Wanted to play with it again for one month, so paid for a month subscription.

There was no option in my manage plan account to cancel subscription after this month. Literally not there, and this was an issue in the forums BACK IN 2014

So I have to go and chat to a consultant to cancel my account and plead my case to cancel.

It was utterly horrible and soured this great program. Consultant did their job OK, but for Adobe to make me jump the hoops

I'm still really angry...took me 40 minutes of time to just cancel and not get billed again.

...I'm shaking what the hell. Why has this not been fixed after all these years.

I want an answer. Why make me speak to a consultant. I don't need to speak to one to purchase, but they sure make it hard as hell to cancel.

Dom

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

This is a user to user forum. To talk to Adobe you need to Contact Customer Care !

If you have, however, a case number, I could try to ask an Adobe employee to look into your case and to contact you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. To talk to Adobe you need to Contact Customer Care !

If you have, however, a case number, I could try to ask an Adobe employee to look into your case and to contact you.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I spoke to one and they cancelled it. Employee cancelled it. Big deal...that is not the issue.

BUT...why the hell do you need to speak to a consultant to cancel and not have that option control in your account management..

It's disgraceful.

Google 'having trouble cancelling my creative cloud account for program' and you will find a litany of users with same problem dating back for years.

Great program but damn it is insidious this cancelling account scheme they have. Needs to be changed BY THE TOP not a case worker who can only deal with case by case

I don't want to deal with a case worker just to cancel a damn account

I think they are just making it hard. I hope not, but why don't they make it easier or respond that they will do so.

I hope they do respond...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you have a cancel button. I have one.

But for some reason unknown to me, some people do not see the cancel button. Also, some regions require to contact Adobe so that Adobe staff cancels. Those regions are listed in the corresponding help data: How to cancel a Creative Cloud membership .

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with the original poster.  Adobe is much like a scam.  I'm only trying to use Adobe Reader and I need an account to do so. WTF?  It's worse than a virus.  You try one app and the ads are insessant to try another product.  High sales pitch and push without the easy cancel.  This program has turned into a scheme of advertising to get you to try products.  I agree you shouldn't need an employee to assist and also - mostly - the incessant advertising push in every application you try to use is annoying and turned me off the product completely.  Each app costs a lot of money per month and when you try to use a feature that seems part of the app you purchased, it says 'this feature is available for $xxx a month.  One of the reasons I dropped the three apps I actually loved to use.  I couldn't do anything without buying something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines