• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can activate my copy of Freehand MX on Snow Leopard?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my original copy of Freehand MX 11 and i want to use the app on my imac running Snow Leopard. The installation was successful, however, when i launch the app the icon appears in the dock momentarily and then disappears again. I have Rosetta installed. I was directed to a help link by adobe to register my product but the download from that link would not open? I really need to use this app with my old files. Can anyone help me please? I am desperate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

This is a known issue.

Please download the patch from below help document and follow the instructions.

Can't launch Freehand MX | Mac OSX 10.6

http://helpx.adobe.com/freehand/kb/cant-launch-freehand-mx-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Here you go:

Download the following zip file, decompress and install it in the following location: Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Macromedia.

helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/en/504/cpsid_50468/attachments/FreeHand_MXa_Registration.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for trying to answer my question. I do not get the window you show on your link. I have tried to activate my Freehand in the window provided but after entering my name and number, the 'send' pane is 'greyed out' and i am unable to click on it. I would try anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue.

Please download the patch from below help document and follow the instructions.

Can't launch Freehand MX | Mac OSX 10.6

http://helpx.adobe.com/freehand/kb/cant-launch-freehand-mx-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find the correct way to reply on adobe forums. I just for giving want everyone to know that i got my problem solved by Sumit Singh and i can't thank him enough me back my desiger life. It Worked! Thank you again Sumit, you're a star!. (If only Adobe would support Freehand, for all we 'old' Freehand addicts, that just love the app. above Illustrator for it's suberb interface).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ancient thread I know but does anyone have a source for the registration zip as it's no longer available from Adobe? Trying to open some ancient Freehand files via Parallels running Snow Leopard Server software. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go:

Download the following zip file, decompress and install it in the following location: Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Macromedia.

helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/en/504/cpsid_50468/attachments/FreeHand_MXa_Registration.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was aware of that link but as I said it no longer links to the file!

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above in my post it's no longer available from Adobe! Link goes nowhere.

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! Sorted! I had to save as rather than click on the link.

Thanks.

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines