• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How did Adobe find my new debit card information and charge me?

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Since chat support hasn't been very helpful, I figured I would post here.

A couple weeks ago I cancelled my old debit card for a new one (with Darth Vader on it, whoo!).

Anyway, Adobe still had my old payment card in the system, so I received a bunch of emails about how the payment had failed.

Due to work (and being forgetful), I hadn't gone in and updated my payment info.

This morning I woke to the below alerts:

IMG_5333.jpg

"Weird," I thought. So I checked my account:

IMG_5334.jpg

I then went into my Adobe account to see my new debt card information as my Payment information...

I'm absolutely stumped by this, since I hadn't actually gone in and changed the info myself.

I understand it's common practice to be charged $1 by some services when a new payment method is added, but I certainly didn't do that, and not at 2:13 AM at that...but 3x that charge is strange.

My only theory is that updating my payment info with my Apple account (which I did 2 weeks ago) ported over to Adobe? But that's not really plausible, for multiple reasons, right?

Thanks for any insight into this!

Chris

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Have you checked with your bank?  They might have managed that for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked with your bank?  They might have managed that for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, hadn't even thought about that.

Seems a bit shady of my bank, however, to give that new information to them.

Will reach out to them as well.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe might not yet have your account number.  The bank might have terms wherein if you used your card to subscribe/contract to something you remain liable for making payments, especially if you close up that account for the purpose of discontinuing payment to the contract.

The word "might" carries a bit of weight in what I said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris, Did you ever find anything out about this?

I found something in their terms and conditions that states they will do this. 

7.2 Credit Card Information. If you do not notify us of updates to your payment method, to avoid interruption of your service, we may participate in programs supported by your card provider to try to update your payment information. You authorize us to continue billing your account with the updated information that we obtain.

This info can be found on this page https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

I would very much like to understand how this works so I do not get stung by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines