• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get rid of an error 81

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a few nights ago I was trying to download Adobe XD on my loaner laptop that I got from school. I thought the app hadn't fully installed so I decided to install it again. Then I got an "Error 81" message show up which I wasn't sure what it meeant at first. So it actually means that there was an app already previously installed. But for some reason this installation was not showing up on my laptop. So now I have an error and neither apps will install now. I am trying to resolve this issue. But when I try to look for help there is more definitions on Error 81 than there is actual information to try to help me solve the issue. I am trying to redownload my previously downloaded Adobe XD app, so hopefully this will actually work. Otherwise I am not really sure what to do. If anyone else has experienced this kind of issue, please let me know. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also would I press quit or retry installation? I honestly am having so much trouble with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Error 81 means there is another installer working on the system.

Open your Task Manager to ascertain what process is causing your computer to hang during installation of CC Desktop app and XD.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines