• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I know what account is connected to my software?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work computer has the full Adobe Creative Cloud package.

It was downloaded for me but I want to connect it to my Creative Cloud account. They insisted the IT department download the program onto my computer for me but that's as much as they understand and asking them hasn't been helpful. When you have the creative package you can download the software to a second computer (can't use it at the same time but can be on two different computers) so I want to have the software on my laptop as well for when I'm working on the road or from home.

How do I check what adobe account is currently connected to the software? and how do I change it?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Hi, rodahatesyou - Do you have the Creative Cloud desktop app installed, too? I'm on a Mac, but when I open the CC Desktop app and click on my image at the top right, it tells me which email I'm currently signed in with.

Are you using an Enterprise ID at work? And this laptop you mentioned - do you have admin rights on it? If you don't, you'll still have to get your IT dept to help you with the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, rodahatesyou - Do you have the Creative Cloud desktop app installed, too? I'm on a Mac, but when I open the CC Desktop app and click on my image at the top right, it tells me which email I'm currently signed in with.

Are you using an Enterprise ID at work? And this laptop you mentioned - do you have admin rights on it? If you don't, you'll still have to get your IT dept to help you with the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Melissa,

I do have the create cloud app installed. I am currently signed onto it with the same account I'm writing this from. The apps don't show up as being connected or affiliated with the account. When I'm on photoshop for example, in the app it says i'm signed into my account (under the help menu) but on my creative cloud account it does not say that I have photoshop as an app.

I wasn't given an sort of ID for the software. They just remotely installed it for me and left it as is. My laptop I do have admin rights to as it is a personal laptop of mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, again - you honestly may need to get in touch with your IT department again and try to explain the situation again. It almost sounds like they created a package installer that they deployed on your machine. They probably can't (or won't) work on your personal laptop for legal reasons, but perhaps they can guide you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the license terms too. There might, for example, be a per machine license or a license that doesn’t run on a second computer. Also business licenses may need a different download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a mobile phone I don't have no computer I'm on my TCL20 Android 5G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GucciManeBanks 

check your mobile's cc app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a mobile phone I don't have no computer I'm on my TCL20 Android 5G

By @GucciManeBanks

You sign-in with your account so wherever you see the sign in option, you can check what account you used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your preferred Adobe ID and password.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines