• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I uninstall EVERYTHING Adobe and start over?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. I'm over an hour into trying to get Adobe Captivate to work. It wouldn't download. I got it to download. Of course it crashes on launch now. Creative Cloud isn't working. I delete and reinstall. I've cleared my OOBD library. I've rebooted 4 times. I download Adobe Application Manager it doesn't work. I get told to download Adobe Support Advisor. I believe programmers call this a circular reference.

I've NEVER SEEN A MORE JACKED UP PROCESS.

How do I delete absolutely EVERYTHING Adobe and start over with a clean install? I'm on Mac Sierra 10.12.3

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

yes, i agree.  i'm not sure what the issue is.

i know sierra broke a lot of older adobe software and i'm not sure what effort was required to make the latest adobe suite of programs compatible with sierra, but it does seem unusual that a major product like captivate would not be compatible with a major os.

i also did some googling and saw a lot of sierra/captivate problems and didn't see anyone with a solution.  but i only checked for a few minutes.

because you've spent so much time already with th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScottSkibell,

I understand that you are facing issues with your Creative Cloud apps and so you want to uninstall everything and start over. Please refer the below links for this.

Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Please let me know if any further assistance is required. Thanks!

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been at this now for over 2-hours. I've deleted EVERYTHING Adobe. I

reinstalled Creative Cloud and signed in. Here's what CC Cleaner shows:

adobe2.png

​

When I try to install Captivate I almost immediately get this dialog:

adobe1.png

​

I've tried installing by double-clicking the install icon. I've tried

installing by opening the package and running the MacOS version from

Terminal as the image above shows.

I've rebooted. I've deleted Creative Cloud. I've re-installed. I've

cleaned. I have a late 2013 Macbook Pro with 16 GB of RAM and 42 GB of SSD

space running the latest version of Sierra 10.12.3

​What am I missing? This shouldn't be so difficult.​

Scott

(Personal info removed by Moderator) (Scott please remove it before posting and or Sending the email reply. Thanks)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

42 GBs of free space is a very small amount. Move, delete, or otherwise create a larger chunk of free space on your drive and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've deleted some files and show memory of 49.9 GB of SSD space. It's a 7.5 GB install requirement. I try re-installing and still immediately get the error message.

Is there a log file somewhere so somebody can see what's going on and where it's crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

captivate is not compatible with sierra, Find system requirements for Adobe Captivate

and you check for install logs using info here and finder, Troubleshoot install issues with log files in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6, CS5.5, CS5), PS Elements, a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to check is the permissions on your drive and the folder/s Adobe is trying to use for the install.

This is a common problem with Mac OS X. Apple makes the permissions a moving target from release to release of OS X. Even in minor updates to the same OS X version, IE a Point Release like from 10.12.2 to 10.12.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, Sierra has been out for 5-months now. It's not compatible? My friend has a new MacBook with the touchbar. Surely he's running the latest OS. And he's running Captivate along with the rest of Creative Suite.

Adobe, Captivate isn't compatible with Sierra and new MacBooks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct.  i posted the link for you in message 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad. I appreciate your insight. I'm just dumbfounded by Adobe.

And in searching elsewhere I see I'm not alone in my frustrations with Captivate.

Adobe, if you're not compatible with the current operating system you should SAY SO. Don't bury it. Come out on the page where you're offering it, getting people to sign up and tell them YOU DON'T WORK on the latest system. You've wasted HOURS of my time.

And it's been 5-months since it was released. Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, i agree.  i'm not sure what the issue is.

i know sierra broke a lot of older adobe software and i'm not sure what effort was required to make the latest adobe suite of programs compatible with sierra, but it does seem unusual that a major product like captivate would not be compatible with a major os.

i also did some googling and saw a lot of sierra/captivate problems and didn't see anyone with a solution.  but i only checked for a few minutes.

because you've spent so much time already with this, it might be worth a few more hours of searching to see if anyone found a work-around (other than using parallels etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines