• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I verify a CS6 installation?

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last month I downloaded and registered a non-subscription based copy of CS6.  This was with the help of Adobe Genuine Customer Care and was to replace a copy which had been working for me for five years, but which I was recently told was pirated.  My download and registration were successful, but I was unable to verify.  Following advice from the Genuine Customer Care team, I checked all the usual problems and determined that my clock was set, I was connected to the internet, and I could connect with secure Adobe servers.  Still, I was unable to verify.  The GCC representative assured me that the verification step was unneccessary (I have this in writing) and that my software would continue to work.  A few days later, the software quit and I received a dialog stating that my new serial number (issued by Adobe) had been revoked.  I wrote three emails to the GCC team, referencing my case number each time.  I was ignored.  Then I called a call center with my serial number and was told my case was closed and my software was no longer supported.  That rep said she could not help me, but pointed me to this support community and said "Your answer is there."  I have been unable to find the answer in a week of reading through all the troubleshooting suggestions here.  Please advise.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum with occasional Adobe staff participation.

We are volunteers, Adobe software users like you, not Adobe employees, and can not fix activation issues here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I wish you read about this before, adobe suite Cs6 no longer has support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/adobe-support-policies-supported-product-versions.html 

Adobe products that are still supported keep getting regular updates, support here is seamless.

Alternatively, you could use more recent products by signing up for the Creative Cloud desktop, i have found newer products a lot faster and easy to use than the most previous ones.

Get your adobe products here: https://account.adobe.com/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about your story as I never have heard from Adobe Genuine Customer Care. I wont say that it does not exist. I won't say that your serial has not been acquired properly. But the story sounds like you had to do with fake Adobe support. 

What lets me think that: you do not need to download software to activate a genuine Photoshop. 

This said, I agree with @Peru Bob, we can't help with activation and licensing problems. 

If Adobe customer care is not able to help you, I suppose that your license is lost. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my anser to the next post.  I appreciate the links you have provided, and will persue them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish you good luck and perseverance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask what phone number or email you originally used to contact Adobe Genuine Customer Care? Also can you can you copy/paste the assurance about verification? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was emailed first to schedule a phone call, and then I was called.  This was all in response to a consumer complaint I had filed when Adobe would not let me transfer my CS6 suite to a replaced hard drive.  I had received no useful help at the usual call centers.  I was offered two months' free subscription to a cloud version of the suite, but that was the extent of it.

I explained that the software had worked fine for five years.  Upon reinstall to a new hard drive, I learned that the serial number had been revoked.  I was told I was using pirated software.  I had receipts for the purchase and ultimately filed the consumer complaint with my state Attorney General.  This prompted Adobe to contact me.  A link to a replacement suite and a new serial number were given to me.  After several exchanges of email and telephone conversations, I was able to uninstall the old version which I was told was pirated, and do a successful clean install of the replacement software.  Then I was unable to verify because I could not connect to a server.  I sent two emails to Adobe inquiring about this.  I received the following reply:

Hi Mr. Hanna,

Your software will continue to work without the verification step. When you get that error the server is down but in no way impacts the validity of your software.

Regards,

Barbara

Adobe Genuine Customer Care Team

From: Patrick Hanna <[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]>
Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 1:21 PM
To: Adobe Genuine Customer Care <[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]@Deleted User>
Cc: Takashi Morifusa <[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]@Deleted User>
Subject: Re: Customer Mr. Hanna C6 -ADB-17200991-Z2J4

As you can imagine, I was very frustrated and confused when my software quit working, and when my three email inquiries to [Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]@Deleted User were ignored.  I then called one of the call centers, and they had been made aware of all of this.  I referenced the case number (above).  The lady asked if this was in regard to recent serial number ending in XXXX (she correctly stated the last four digits.  I confirmed that it was.  She then said she could not help me, and that my case would be closed.  She then sent me a link to this forum and, before hanging up, said:  "Your answer is there."

And that is what prompted me to seek help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the answer is not here except that we cannot help.

Let me just clear this (without judgement of any kind): If you have been running pirated software, Adobe is not forced to help you, but the seller is responsible. I do not know what you got: a boxed disk version or a download link, I do not know the price you paid, so I will do no comment on that.

If the new serial has been revoked, it may well be revoked because of the first one and that Adobe was persuaded that you were running knowingly pirated software.

The only one who can help you if you get help is customer service. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following these links, I was able to "chat" with an Adobe technician.  He was the first person in all of these calls and emails to have the insight to ask what operating system I was running.  He said I need to update one edition in order to communicate with the activation server.  He said my new CS6 would work well on the system edition that he recommended.  I am happy to try to do this.  The computer in question is one of three that I have in service.  All have older operating systems and that is by choice.  Of course, I cannot be sure that this update will work until I've done it.  My experience with Adobe's techs has ranged from barely understandable, to indifferent, to helpful but poorly informed, to rude, and finally to this most recent gentleman who seems both helpful and well informed.  Of course, all of these techs gave me a pitch for a cloud account and cloud software before they did anything else.  I choose not to have a cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing. I was very concerned because Adobe's customers are often contacted by scammers with bad intentions, who pretend to be Adobe support. This looks to be genuine. Sorry, I can't help with the specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines