I have a current subscription with Animate. My older computer has 21 installed. I built a new computer, installed the Creative Cloud.
Cloud only lists back to 22. I need 21 for some older projects for compatibility, in particluar around how the asset warp tool used to warp vector assets and leave them as vectors, where as the newer versions will convert them to bitmaps before warping.
I tried copying the older 21 folder install into program files, but the application just quits after loading up. I imagine you need to install it properly through the cloud app. Is this not possible?
Copy link to clipboard
Adobe only supports the latest two versions of the CC apps, and only those are provided for download using the Creative Cloud Desktop app. If you need any version earlier to that you can try the https://prodesigntools.com site. This site provides downloads from Adobe servers so if the download link does not work then be informed that Adobe has stopped providing the download. Also, if you need version CC2020 and beyond then the only way to get the installers is to contact Adobe support and ask, if they have it handy they provide it.
To contact support follow the instructions given below
1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a chat popup. If that does not happen then look for a call out/chat icon at the bottom right, click over it and the chat popup should open
3. In order to talk to a human type "AGENT" in the chat box
4. If you are not able to get to the chat window, then disable your adblockers, firewall, enable cookies/scripts on your browser. If it still fails then change your browser/machine/network.
P.S. Be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).
2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.
3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html
follow the directions (esp, step 1)
save the install file. it may not remain online.
thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
** there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.
p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam,
Thanks guys. I was able to contact adobe via the chat box and get offline installers for 21.0 and 22.0 .
I had a look through prodesigntools.com, honestly that site reads as clickbaity / keyword stuffing with links to all sorts of things everywhere, I wouldn't recommend it over just contacting adobe.
Yup! Saved them to my NAS software folder haha
excellent. use in good health!