• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change the default install location for installing Creative Cloud apps

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to change the default install location for installing Creative Cloud apps? I have a new PC (Windows 11) and want to install apps on D drive (not C). Installing CC itself was a surpise (no options, just install and it's on default C drive in Progam Files), but at least I want to put my apps on the other drive. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but how? They shifted to web-based Creative Cloud main App, that has no "Preferences" in it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>web-based Creative Cloud main App

No... all programs in a cloud subscription install on your local hard drive

I never install to anything other than my C drive, but my "general" understanding is you are allowed to select a different drive during a fresh install, so you MAY need to uninstall everything and start over

PLUS some parts must be installed on the C drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, let me start start from the beginning. I'm experienced CC user (10 - 15 years, on several PCs with Windows), I know the differences between classic and cloud versions. Yestereday I purchased a new PC with Windws 11 Pro and wanted to install CC there. My surprise was that the newest release gives you no options where to install Adobe products. It simply installs them to default Program Files folder on C drive. Doesn't matter if it is CC or Photoshop or any other CC app I tried (several times). CC (now it's not a stand-alone app - only web site based) gives you only option "Install" or "..." (when You can read about particualr app or choose older version). Choosing "install" runs prompt install to default folder. Usual way - using the little gear icon in the upper right corner, choosinge Preferences and changing Install Location path is no longer an options - because there are no little gear icon or Preferences folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you say Adobe has changed the install process there is no other help I may offer

Try chat

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How to change the install location of your Creative Cloud apps
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/change-install-location.html

Note if you've already installed the apps to your main drive, then you'd need to do what Adobe's help page says above and then uninstall + reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines