• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Create PDF pictorial directory 12 photos per page

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud but have very little experience with it. I use it with Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I hope this is the correct forum.

Which programs  in CC should I use to do this?

I have a folder of files with head shot photos. The file name is a last name, first name and room number

e.g., "WASHINGTON, George       123 A. jpg"

I would like to create an 8.5 by 11 inch PDF pictorial directory.

How would I go about creating a PDF pictorial directory with

12 head shot photos per page. 3 across by 4 down

A header with a title and page number

e.g., “Pictorial Directory Residents of XYZ        7 ”

A footer e.g., “May 20, 2019”

Each photo would have the file name under it.

e.g., "WASHINGTON, George       123 A"

It seems this would be very much like a photo album with captions on this size paper.  Or like an faculty or employee directory.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

If your directory contains more than 50 names, I still recommend using a database and porting your data into a layout in InDesign.  Then you can Print it from InDesign or export it to PDF.  Your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your goal for this -- is it for print or online usage?

Start with Photoshop.  Crop, scale and optimize images for their intended purpose and save to a common folder.

If images and content are stored in a server-side database -- MySQL or SQL, you could auto-populate web pages with content from the database with server-side code.   This would necessitate creating only 1 responsive page layout in Dreamweaver  or any other code editor of choice.    Other pages would be created on the fly by your server.   And you could output your online directory to PDF although it would hardly be necessary if i'ts in a web page that everybody can view from any browser on any device (desktop, laptop, hybrid, tablet or mobile phone).  No plugins or extra apps required.

Another option would be to port the data into a layout in InDesign.  But  that would be better for a pint project. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. This is for hard copies in PDF format.  This is for updates to to 3 ring binder pictorial directory.  Half of the residents are over 90 and are not very into tech. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your directory contains more than 50 names, I still recommend using a database and porting your data into a layout in InDesign.  Then you can Print it from InDesign or export it to PDF.  Your choice.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines