• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reinstall Photoshop 7.0

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have migrated from Windows XP to 7 SP3 and need to reinstall Photoshop 7.0.The serial number that came with it, is declared as invalid.   Please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Hi Jeff and Michael.  I did a clean install of Windows 7 without migration of settings.  I had my SSD partitioned with all the data files on d: so I installed a second SSD and copied them all across to the new drive and renamed the drives so the new one became d:.

I did this to have all the space available on the first SSD to allow Windows 7 plenty of room to install.

Apparently I could run Photoshop 7.0 in the windows XP mode of Windows 7, but to do this, according to MS, my PC processor has to h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DavidDundas are you doing a clean installation of Photoshop 7.0?  Did you migrate over any files/settings/applications to your new computer?

I would also recommend reviewing your account to verify the Photoshop 7.0 serial number you are using is valid.  You can find more details at Find your serial number quickly - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7 is ancient software predating the Creative Suite. It is not Windows 7 compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been running Photoshop 7.0 since it came out on all Windows operating systems up until Windows 7.0.  It runs great on all each version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff and Michael.  I did a clean install of Windows 7 without migration of settings.  I had my SSD partitioned with all the data files on d: so I installed a second SSD and copied them all across to the new drive and renamed the drives so the new one became d:.

I did this to have all the space available on the first SSD to allow Windows 7 plenty of room to install.

Apparently I could run Photoshop 7.0 in the windows XP mode of Windows 7, but to do this, according to MS, my PC processor has to have Hardware-assisted virtualization (HAV) capability.  MS has a tool havdetectiontool.exe to download to test it, which I have done and unfortunately my PC processor is not up to it, so no Photoshop 7.0 on this one.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks for the update DavidDundas.

As an alternative you may want to look at Photoshop Elements 12.  Many of the features which are available in Photoshop 7.0 have been introduced into Photoshop Elements.  You can find more details at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff.  I use Photoshop for more than just editing photos, so I need the full functionality of Photoshop 7.0.

Since my last post, I have decided to invest in a new PC that will be able to run Photoshop 7.0 in XP mode; whilst this will be more expensive than CS6 version, it will also handle other hardware problems that the old PC has

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines