• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to swap CS5.5 from Mac to Windows (cross platform)?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my problem. I have Adobe Production Premium CS5.5 registered under my account, and would like to swap the platform from Mac to Windows.  After contacting Adobe helpdesk, it turns out only newest version (CS6) can be swapped. Ironically, Adobe stopped selling upgrades to CS6, so I'm stuck with CS5.5 Mac which can't be either upgraded or swapped to Windows.  Is there any solution for my case (except CC)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Z2P, I am sorry but as mentioned by Bani in Phishing from fake Adobe Rep?.. we only offer platform swaps for current shipping versions of Adobe software titles.  The last version of Creative Suite that was shipped was Creative Suite 6.  When Creative Suite 6 released then Creative Suite 5.5 was no longer the current version and was no longer applicable for platform swap process.

Z2P, you can find complete details regarding the process at Exchange a product for a different language or platform version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

A swap is no longer possible, sorry.  Adobe won't transfer ownership of CS products because CS is discontinued & unsupported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

This discussion is locked for everyone's protection from would-be scammers.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outloo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to be aware of all of the options available to you... which are very limited.  You summed it up best saying... "so I'm stuck with CS5.5 Mac"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know it depends.

If you purchase your license for CS as a retail product (i.e., in a box at a store or the web), then the license is platform-specific. However, if the purchase was part of a volume licensing, acquired through any of Adobe's Open Option licensing programs, then the license is full cross-platform (Windows/Mac OS and vice-versa).

There are important reason and restrictions for this policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Z2P, I am sorry but as mentioned by Bani in Phishing from fake Adobe Rep?.. we only offer platform swaps for current shipping versions of Adobe software titles.  The last version of Creative Suite that was shipped was Creative Suite 6.  When Creative Suite 6 released then Creative Suite 5.5 was no longer the current version and was no longer applicable for platform swap process.

Z2P, you can find complete details regarding the process at Exchange a product for a different language or platform version .

Even individuals who have Creative Suite 6 should complete the process as soon as possible.  I am unsure how long Creative Suite 6 will still be accepted as a current software title.  For more details regarding the future of Creative Suite see Creative Cloud now includes Creative Suite Master Collection and Design Premium features .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this was posted some time ago, I am not sure if you found a solution to this problem. However, I am in the reverse situation with 2 versions of CS5.5 being Master Collection and Design Premium for Windows and need to switch to some version of Mac, preferably CS5 or later. If any one is looking to go Mac to Windows, I am more than happy to do a swap! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A swap is no longer possible, sorry.  Adobe won't transfer ownership of CS products because CS is discontinued & unsupported.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

This discussion is locked for everyone's protection from would-be scammers.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines