• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant install Premiere Pro CS6

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Premiere Pro CS6 a few years ago but recently got a new pc.  I tried installing it from my account under programs (yes its listed and shows the program and serial number) but the downloaded install files dont actually install the program.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you always need to provide some basic information
-Forum quick start https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/ASK-Forum-Success-Guide-Efficiently-using-the-forums/t...
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Questions-you-need-to-answer-to-receive-better-help/td-p/6199470
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-post-and-get-your-issue-resolved-or-what-do-you-need-to-know-to-solve-my-issue/td-p/11178657?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what more info I could give to be relevant.

I followed the following steps:

Logged in

Went under my account

Plans and payment

Products

Then selected the Premiere Pro CS6 and wrote down the serial number

Clicked DOWNLOAD

It came up a list of options.

I downloaded the .exe file (I have windows) for the 64 bit system and downloaded the .7z (zip) file for the 64 bit.

I run the exe and all it has the options to install in the Contents for Premiere.  I installed it anyway thinking it may install the program with it.  It did not.

So I unistalled everything and deleted the downloaded files and tried again.  Still nothing.  I repeated MANY times again. 

So then I downloaded the 32 bit files just to see what it would do.  It gave me the option to install coontents and the program (I was doing a happy dance) figuring I found a work around.  Then it came time to put in my serial key and it didnt work.  I contacted support and the guy said it would only work with the pro 64 bit program.

So I unistalled everything and tried again with the 64bit.  The exe file unzips all the needed files but then it doesnt install the actual premiere pro to the computer.

Id gladly share screenshots but not sure what information would help.  Let me know and Ill share them.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you extract the folder's contents with WinZip?

You can try the direct download link below, posted with Adobe's permission.  But I don't know if this will work with your license.  Be sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did manually unzip the files and all it contains is content called FUNCTIONAL CONTENT.  No installation file .exe or otherwise.

That link wont work for CS6 or anything older than 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's inside those folders?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a group of installation files that just installs additional components.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I downloaded PPro CS6 there were 4 files
PremierePro_6_LS7.exe and PremierePro_6_LS7.7z go together to install the program
PremierePro_6_Content_LS7.exe and PremierePro_6_Content_LS7.7z go together to install the extras

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines