• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have an iMac and an HP laptop, can I use my one license for both?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I asked the other day how many computers one purchase, of the education version, would cover and Adobe told me two. Now I want to know if they will cross platforms. I am looking to ask for a new desktop for Christmas and I want a iMac, but I am worried that I won't be able to get cs5 on that and my pc laptop. So I guess my question is can one license cross platforms, and what computer should I get?

I am partial to the user friendliness of Mac, but all my training and other programs are for pc.

You can see my dilemma. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

No you will need to purchase an additional license for the other platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the serial numbers which in essence are the license codes are hard-coded to the platform type.  I could be wrong though.  I hope an Adobe employee or community professional can weigh in.  (This is why it is difficult to switch between platforms in one case)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epancost what program are you trying to use on both platforms?  We do offer the current versions of Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, and Premiere Elements with a multi-platform license for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will be purchasing Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition. i understand that there are two license with the serial number, but can i use the same serial number across the two platforms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you will need to purchase an additional license for the other platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff is there a reduced cost if you already own a pc license?

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately no NobleC.  The only way to reduce the cost would be if you purchased a volume license.  But to receive a discount you would need to purchase more than two copies. 

If you are not planning on using the Mac primarily for your creative work you could use a Windows virtual machine to run the software.  The performance would not be on par with running it on the Mac natively but should be ok for minor editting and opening documents.  The other option would be using Boot camp to boot into Windows and install our software while running Windows natively via Boot camp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines