• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have numerous OLD product disks with cd keys from deceased family member..

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many cds w/ keys from many years of Adobe Photoshop.  My late brother in law was a professional photographer. CDs w/ Keys I have are: 

Photo Shop CS, Photo Shop CS2, CS5, CS5.5, CS6 & CS7.  The later versions labeled Upgrades.

I am trying to determine which I can use.  None of the previous installs are active anymore.  The PCs were wiped and disposed of.  Can I use any of this and if so, do I have to start w/ the oldest and upgrade or can I jump to near the end?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

everything older than cs4 you can toss. none can be used beyond the 30 day trial (on any one computer unless you repeatedly reformat your hard drive).

to use upgrades, you don't need to install any previous version. you just need the previous version serial number.

cs6 was the last perpetually licensed ps, so i'm not sure what you're looking at that makes you think you have a cs7.

bottomline: keep cs6 (disc/install file) and cs5.5 serial number.

when you start the cs6 install you'll be p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

everything older than cs4 you can toss. none can be used beyond the 30 day trial (on any one computer unless you repeatedly reformat your hard drive).

to use upgrades, you don't need to install any previous version. you just need the previous version serial number.

cs6 was the last perpetually licensed ps, so i'm not sure what you're looking at that makes you think you have a cs7.

bottomline: keep cs6 (disc/install file) and cs5.5 serial number.

when you start the cs6 install you'll be prompted fir the cs6 serial number.  if that's an upgrade serial number you'll then be prompted for the cs5.5 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines