• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm boycotting all Adobe products from now on

New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not looking to discuss anything here, just making a statement. I find it disappointing that Adobe wants to bleed their customers for more money to use their products. I loved Photoshop, but I want to purchase it once and own it like I do with all my other creative software on my computer. I'll upgrade it myself when I feel compelled to do so. This isn't supposed to be a streaming service. This isn't Netflix. And your new business model show that you don't care what your customers think. So, from now on, until you give us what we want: software that we can actually purchase and own, I will NEVER rent any of your products as a loan out. PERIOD.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 4 years of the Creative Cloud subscription service, Adobe is not going to change

You may still buy Photoshop Elements for a one time payment Easy Photo & Video Editing Software | Adobe Elements Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!  Horribly disappointing since I just discovered how awesome adobe products are.... Too bad their greed outweighs their helpfulness.  Not today, Satan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Adobe model is successful and economical for professionals.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I am not a professional.  I use the program a few times a month at most.  There is no good reason I should have to pay several hundred dollars a year for programs I barely use and am not using to make money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a non-professional and if it's available in your region, I would suggest you give the Photography plan a try, you get a decent Photoshop and Lightroom for a fraction of the price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is aimed at hobbyists and amateurs who need basic photo editing without  much learning curve.   Software costs USD $100, no subscription required.

Easy Photo Editing Software | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the idea of what the cloud would become appeared a long time ago and we were talking about web 4.0, the idea then was to have a software that would be paid per hour of use.

It could then probably be a solution for users who occasionally need some features or a range of occasional software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, charging by the hour seemed like a good idea at the time and I'm sure quite a few people would like this setup now.

One licence on a shared device in a photography club f.ex. might also work for people who only need the software a few times a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are professional tools. Photoshop was sold for 1000$ at the time, upgrades were also not cheap. For a few times a month it was also then too expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC products are learning intensive.  You can't get really proficient if you don't use them regularly.  The occasional user should probably find less sophisticated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except of course when you have a production team who can't work because of a bug due to the fact than adobe use is customers as beta tester. Then it's not economical at all. Here we are working toward to get rid of Adobe products, we might lose some client, but adobe cost us to much money over the years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

feel free to change... I do not experience major bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not dear, of course not ( but it's alway nice to have permision by a unpaid Adobe Pr man)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lets boycott Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

antonyg67654454  schrieb

lets boycott Adobe.

What is the reason for that?

You can not call for boycotting someone without giving a valid reason.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep I'm curious too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am SO glad I dumped Adobe earlier this month. There are PLENTY of lower-priced options for "professionals." Try Corel - a longtime

Adobe alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed from Corel to Adobe CS and than to CC. Even that I love some of the Corel features I was always in pain when exchanging data with other professionals. Also, it was a gamble to get your data to the printer service. I changed for good when Indesign came out...

But anyway, I'm glad that you found a solution that fits your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this is just a thread for a few hobbyists complaining about the costs of being a professional without actual knowledge of what it takes to have professional software. The original poster stated that "this is not Netflix" as an argument against the subscription model. And you are right, this is not Netflix. This is not a piece of software to sit around and waste time with. This is a professional image editing tool (Photoshop), or a professional vector graphic design tool (Illustrator), or a professional layout and design tool (InDesign), or a professional motion graphics tool (After Effects). The list goes on and on. If you want something to play around with and not get involved with a monthly or yearly subscription, don't get involved with professional software. Get yourself Photoshop Elements. One time fee and more than enough tools for a hobbyist to mess around with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a professional office lease is probably more than the 60$ you spend each month on the tool that allows you to earn that office lease and to feed your children. If you are a hobbyist, 60$ is a matter of choice. I know people spending much more than that on a lot of quite expensive stuff.

And honestly: I own my car, but the value of the car drops as soon as I sit the first time in it and drive out of the seller's premises.

Yes, 60$/month is a lot. But the 5000$ that the programs did cost on a perpetual license were also a lot. Either you work with Adobe products or you use a different product. Both options are OK for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Daniel+E+Lane  wrote

Seems like this is just a thread for a few hobbyists complaining about the costs of being a professional without actual knowledge of what it takes to have professional software.

Yes , Daniel, I completely agree.  So I'm locking this thread because there's nothing more to be said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines