• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help using my CS5 products on a replacement MacBook Pro after my old computer crashed.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using my CS5 InDesign and Photoshop on my old MacBook Pro when the motherboard went out. Fortunately I was able to get a comparative used MacBook Pro with an older Operating System.  Thankfully I was also able to remove my old hard drive which has the CS5 products on it along with El Capitan OS which works with them.  I installed my old removed hard drive into a new case and restarted my replacement MacBook Pro using my old operating system (which is compatible with the CS5 products).  However,  though it initially worked (using the 30 day trial), now I can't get my CS5 products to to work becase I keep getting messages asking me to log in to Adobe, which I do, but then it asks me again and again in a loop and never gives me an opportunity to get into my CS5 products to enter serial numbers.  Very frustrated and don't know what to do.  I need to use them and do not want to go the Cloud route.  Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLS 1.2 is now required to connect https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

-test your browser https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
-http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html
-https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want the Creative Cloud solution.  I want to use the CS software with an old OS on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums to Download & Install.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have those somewhere in my office and can locate. Been using them forever on my old computer so hadn't needed them.  No, I did not wipe old Adobe software or reinstall anything.  Was hoping since I was rebooting off my actual hard drive with everything on it (system and software) that it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, any reason your attached screenshot shows CS6 Design Standard while your post refers to CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goof.  I meant CS6.  For some reason Adobe is only showing the CS5 in my list of products.  I have the original discs and serial numbers for the upgrade CS6 I bought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If CS6 is an upgrade, you'll need your qualifying CS5 serial number too.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I believe it is so I will locate both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

with an upgrade, first you will be prompted for the product's (cs6 in your case) serial number, and then when that's recognized it will be determined it's an upgrade serial number and you will be prompted for the older product's (cs5 in your case?) serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and your installation and activation should proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an active all apps subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what that is, so probably No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with no subscription, you should uninstall your cs6, clean all adobe items from your computer which should remove the subscription licensing information that's apparently on your hard drive.  then reinstall your cs6 and use your serial number to activate.

1. use the uninstaller to uninstall cs6

2. clean subscription data per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

3. restart your computer (don't skip this) 

4. reinstall cs6

5. activate with serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines